fifty

The next two chapters will feature a gradual 5-6 month time skip. Some stuff may be confusing, but there will be flashbacks in future chapters to fill in the gaps.

JANUARY 2021

"I can't believe you and Drew kissed on New Year's!" Rory squealed, "This makes my heart happy."

"Stop it." Addie blushed.

~

"What do you mean she hasn't mentioned it? Like hasn't talked about Drew? Or New Year's?"

"She hasn't talked about either." Jacob said to Mads.

The wingwoman and wingman were still trying to get the two together.

"That's so weird."

"Here's the thing, Mads, I heard from Austin."

"Fuck." She paused, "And?"

"He knows you purposely uninvited him to New Year's."

"Well, that's too bad-"

"He's not mad. He's more upset with Addie's lack of communication."

"She has a bad habit of that, doesn't she?"

"No, what she has a bad habit with is making decisions."

"Can we agree the communication is an issue too?"

Jacob sighed, "Yes, fine."

~

"I didn't expect to hear from you, after all of the New Year's stuff happened."

"Yeah, I'm sorry, I thought you deserved an explanation." Addie met his eye as he nodded.

"I don't need one, Addie." Austin paused, "I don't really want to hear the details of you and Drew."

"There isn't much to hear."

"If there isn't much to hear, why am I here?"

"I, I don't know."

"If you want to be with Drew, be with Drew." He sighed, "If you don't, then don't. Don't string people along and-"

"That's not what I'm trying to do! I'm just, I'm confused-"

"Confused? You've been in love with Drew since we met. How is that confusing?"

"In love? No, that's not-"

"I want to be your friend, Addie, I do, but you need to be honest with yourself and the people around you."

~~

FEBRUARY 2021

"Barbados, we're here!" Chase yelled as they got off the plane.

Filming in Barbados for two months should be fun.

Right?