thirty

FIVE HOURS EARLIER...

Madelyn watched as Addie tripped on the dance floor and Drew luckily turned around, catching her. The shots had caught up to her, well they caught up to her three hours ago, but now she was just getting real bad. They were the only three left, as everyone else had went home, but the birthday girl wanted to stay. Madelyn checked her phone. It was just past three in the morning.

"Drew!"

He turned his head towards Mads, still gripping the brunette in pink, "What?"

"I think we should go."

He looked back at Addie, who was a giggly mess.

"Addie, it's time to go."

She stuck out her bottom lip, "But I don't want to."

"I know you don't, but it's getting late, and you're pretty drunk."

She crossed her arms, scowling at him slightly, "I don't want to go home, Joseph."

Drew laughed a bit, as Mads tried to hide her smile, "We can go out again another night."

"You promise?"

"Of course I promise, Hali."

"Fine." She groaned, "Are you taking me home?"

"Me and Mads will bring you home."

"Yay!" She squealed, throwing her arms around Drew then stumbling to Mads.

"Alright, let's get you home." Mads said as she grabbed Addie's purse, ensuring her phone and such was in there.

The cab ride was silent. Addie dozed off on Drew's shoulder as Mads watched the city go by. Once they got to the hotel, the two of them brought Addie upstairs, who was semi-awake.

Mads knew where her things were so she grabbed her a t-shirt and some pajama shorts, "Here Addie. You should get changed."

And of course, she tripped again while walking to the bathroom. Mads and Drew helped her up as Mads went into the bathroom with her.

"I'm gonna help her because I think she'll need it."

"Good idea." Drew said as he looked around the room, wondering what he could do.

He spotted her water bottle, which was empty and filled it up in the kitchenette sink. He grabbed Advil, she would definitely need it, and he even put the garbage can by the bed, assuming that it might be used at some point.

"You're so pretty, Mads!" Addie muttered as Mads helped her change.

"So are you."

"Thank you!"

"Alright, you're all good, let's get you into bed." Mads said as she pulled Addie back into the main area where Drew was waiting.

"Are you guys going to stay with me?" She asked as she crawled into bed.

Mads and Drew exchanged a look before Drew spoke up, "I can stay."