six

"I talked with your dad for literally two hours."

"I know. Where did you two disappear to? I was trying to leave and my mom said you two were bonding or something?" Addie asked with a laugh.

They were driving home after being at Addie's parents house. Jacob honestly didn't want to leave. He loved it there. Plus, he and Johnny fucking Depp got along pretty damn well.

"He took me to his office."

"Oh my god, it's not even an office."

"He called it his office, alright? He's got like thousands of books and movies and records in there. It was awesome. We were discussing our favourite movies and talking about acting and wow, I, he is awesome, Addie."

"I'm beginning to think you like my dad more than me."

"Oh, I definitely do."

"Screw you."

"Hey, at least I'm being honest with you!" Jacob laughed, "He gave me lots of tips. We actually have a lunch date next week."

Addie looked over at him with her jaw dropped.

Jacob, had a fucking lunch date, with her dad?

He wasn't serious, right?

"You're kidding, aren't you?"

"Nope. Tuesday at 12. Me and Johnny. Johnny and me."

Addie narrowed her eyes, shooting him a playful glare, "You're so using me to get to my dad, aren't you?"

"Definitely. I'm in love with that man."

Talking to Johnny was one of the highlights of his day. Truly, he had gained some acting tips. And he found out that they were more alike than he thought, which made sense, because he and Addie were two peas in a pod. He could also tell that Johnny was beyond proud of both of his daughters. And Winona, on the other hand, was so kind and humble. They both were. They weren't rude or obnoxious. The opposite of what you'd think for two A-list celebrities.

Addie had the qualities of Johnny, but looked and sounded like Winona. He wondered about her sister, Aurora. What was she like? Addie always talked about her, but he hadn't met her yet since she lived on the other side of the country. From what he heard from Addie, Aurora had had plenty of famous boyfriends. All real, surprisingly. Jacob thought most Hollywood romances between such large couples in this day and age were fake. And he was right, but only for a small percentage.

"She's doing alright with the show?"

"Yeah, she's amazing. A great performer. She pushes a lot of raw emotion towards the surface and uses that to her advantage during uh, during certain scenes."

Johnny nodded, studying Jacob, trying to figure him out. He wasn't stupid. He could tell his daughter liked him, even if she didn't want to admit it. And he, as a dad, was secretly trying to figure out what was it about Jacob that she liked.

"Good. I'm glad. She doesn't discuss it much with us."

"Really?" Jacob asked, surprised.

"You sound surprised. Why is that?"

"I feel like she's very comfortable and open with you two. I just assumed she would be telling you about everything."

"Not about acting. That was something she preferred to keep to herself."

"Well, now I feel bad for telling you-"

"No, don't. That's fine. I was the one who asked after all." Johnny chuckled as he walked over to another shelf, "What's your favourite film?"