fifty-three

"What room is she staying in?"

"Drew, we're-"

"Maddie." He pressed, as she groaned, "Please."

"220."

"Thank you." He replied as he quickly hung up, making his way up the stairs to find room 220.

216...

218...

220...

He stared at the door for a moment, taking a deep breath, suddenly so unsure of what he was going to say.

He didn't even realize he had knocked until he heard the sound of his knuckles on the door, which made him jump.

Addie, on the other hand, was startled by the knock. She quickly wiped her cheeks, but didn't get up because she figured someone had the wrong room.

Was she not in there? He put his ear up to the door, hearing the TV playing softly.

He knocked again.

"Addie? It's me." He paused, "It's Drew."

Her eyes widened.

What was he doing here?

Maddie and Chase must've given him her information.

She slowly got up, hesitating in going to the door.

"Addie, please." He spoke again as she got closer to the door.

She quickly pressed her eye up against the peep hole. Yup, that was in fact Drew.

"Fuck." She whispered, slowly unlocking it and opening the door, meeting his eye.

He sighed, seeing how disheveled she looked, "Hi."

"Hi."

"Can I come in?" She stared back at him, "Please?"

She nodded softly as she stepped aside and let him in.

"What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same question." He said as he sat on her bed.

"I asked you first."

"Maddie asked me if my surprise visitor showed up, which was apparently you, and you hadn't. Plus, I didn't know you were coming."

"Well, if you knew I was coming, you would've been able to hide your relationship with Odessa a bit better."

"Woah, what?"

"I saw you two today, at your hotel."

"You came to my hotel?"

"I came to find you, to surprise you, and I, I run into Odessa in the lobby and she tells me you aren't there and then when I'm leaving, what do I see? You guys together-"

"Wait, you saw Dess?"

"Dess? Jesus..." Addie scoffed.

"Did you or did you not see Odessa?"

"I spoke with Odessa. She told me she would let you know I was here, which I know is a lie because you guys are clearly together or whatever-"

"She knew you were here and lied to me." Drew shook his head, annoyed.

"Are you two together?" Addie pressed.

"Why didn't she say anything?" Drew muttered to himself.

They were both in their own conversations, not really listening to the other.

"Why didn't you just come to me if you saw me?" He asked, snapping out of his own conversation.