eight

Here's a question that you probably have.

Did Jacob and Addie talk?

Well, not exactly.

He apologized, or attempted to, but she was too stubborn to tell him how she truly felt.

So to say that work and their weekly movie dates were filled with tension, well, that would be an understatement.

"I, uh, didn't mean to leave you there by yourself."

"Okay."

"So I just wanted to apologize-"

"Jacob, I don't want to hear it."

"I didn't know you were crying-"

"I wasn't fucking crying. It's not a big fucking deal." She snapped.

"So you don't want me to apologize for what I did or said?"

She'd been here before. She knew he didn't care. If he had, he wouldn't have done what he did.

For two years she heard shitty apologies and just accepted them, but she no longer cared. Plus, don't forget that she was too fucking stubborn to say anything.

"I don't care." She muttered as she stared off into space.

So, yeah, their friendship didn't go back to how it was before. In a way, she felt like she was walking on egg shells around him. Part of her hated that.

And as for Jacob, well, he wasn't sure what to do. He knew he fucked up. And something about the way Drew interacted with him and Addie that night made him uneasy. He didn't want to admit it, but he knew it was because Drew looked at Addie the way he looked at Addie. Meaning what exactly? That he had competition.

Which meant he needed to act fast.

Yet, little did he know, Addie had had no contact with Drew following Halloween. Yeah he followed her on Instagram, liked her picture, but she had her notifications turned off because of her following, so she hardly saw who actually recently followed her. But she did wonder about Drew.

"I want to take you on a date."

That was random.

"Why?"

"I feel bad for what happened the other week."

"Oh? That's the reason? Because you regret being a dick to me? So you think taking me out will make it better?"

Wow, Addie.

To be fair, she was already in a shitty mood and they had been working all fucking day.

"No, Addie. Not just that, but believe it or not I do like you."

"Okay."

"Okay?"

Jacob was confused. Why the fuck was she being like this? Actually, he should know better. It was from the whole Halloween night issue.

Addie was silent.

"So, is that a yes? Or a no?"

A large sigh escaped from within her, "I don't know. You figure it out, Jacob."

And with that, she walked away, leaving Jacob even more confused than before. Nonetheless, he still continued to plan the date. Just a regular dinner. What could go wrong? Everyone loves dinner, and food.

Anyways, they did go to dinner. Addie didn't want to, but she gave in, she planned on being petty.

"Addie, I don't know how many times I have to apologize for Halloween, it's just, really, like, we are friends, aren't we? So, I don't get why you're upset about me running after my ex-"