sixteen

"Can we talk later?" Addie said a few days later at work and Jacob nodded.

Neither of them realized that the other had the same idea. Truthfully, they both thought that the other had wanted a relationship and had wanted to be together. Yet, that obviously wasn't the case.

Luckily for them, the day went by pretty quickly and it was Jacob and Addie's regularly scheduled movie night.

Addie winced, taking a deep breath as Jacob hopped into her car.

He furrowed his brow, "What was that look for?"

"Look, Jacob, we need to talk about-"

"Us?"

"Yeah." She breathed out.

"I know."

"The other night was, well, it was great and all, but I don't know I feel as if we would be better-"

He cut her off again, "Better off as friends?"

"Yes! Exactly!" She exclaimed, "Sorry."

"Oh my god. I was worried you were thinking the opposite."

"So was I."

Jacob laughed slightly, "I'm glad we're on the same page."

"Fuck, so am I."

"So, what's your plan for love from here on out?"

"Well, since you and I tried and then failed a few times, I'm honestly not sure."

"What? Not sure? Your other man isn't begging for you?"

"No, actually." Addie laughed, "I thought you knew."

"Knew what?"

"Drew practically screwed me over, so I mean-"

"Wait, really?"

"Haven't heard from him in almost two weeks. We had plans, he cancelled, he went home and has been totally silent." Addie explained as she drove the two of them to the theatre.

"Wow." Jacob said, "You know he put up a good fight with me trying to get you. Now, he could totally get you and he's M.I.A."

"I know, right?"

"Although he might kill me if he finds out we slept together."

"Or it'll make him want me more."

"I think that way of thinking is slightly toxic but I'll tolerate it for now." Jacob replied, making Addie laugh as they pulled into the theatre parking lot, "Have you tried to reach out?"

"No. That just seems desperate."

"Doesn't hurt to try."

"I'll worry about that later, Jacob. Now, what are we going to see tonight?"

Now, here's what happened with Drew.

He had returned home for a bit. Why? Well, he went to visit his family, but also, he ran into his ex-girlfriend.

And long story short, they got back together, meaning that that was the reason he totally fucking ghosted Addie.

You're probably wondering how she found this out. Well, long story short, Drew posted a picture of the two of them in his Instagram, so, case closed!

"You are not going to believe what I found out today." Addie said the second Aurora picked up the phone.

"Let's hear it. You've got two minutes before I have to get back to work."