two

The first cast party came quicker than Addie expected. And before she knew it, she was at the Beverly Hills hotel, where she would remain for the rest of the weekend, as Sam insisted that it be a weekend thing, rather than just one night. She checked in and made her way to her room before heading down to meet the rest of the cast. Again, Sam greeted her at the door, showing her to her seat in what looked like a table read.

"I would like to welcome you all to the first Euphoria weekend!" Sam said, "Thank you all for being here. I appreciate you all so much and I can't wait for each and every one of you to meet each other, and lastly, I can't wait to bring my work to life through you guys."

Everyone clapped and cheered. Adeline glanced around the room briefly, before her attention was brought back to Sam as he continued to speak.

"Starting with Miss Zendaya here, we're going to go around the room, introduce ourselves and say which character we are playing."

And the next ten minutes sounded like...

"Hi I'm Zendaya, I'll be playing Rue Bennett."

"I'm Alexa Demie, I'll be playing Maddy Perez."

"Hey guys, I'm Sydney Sweeney and I'll be playing Cassie Howard."

"I'm Jacob Elordi, I'll be playing Nate Jacobs."

"Hey, I'm Algee Smith. Um, I'll be playing Christopher McKay."

"Uh, I'm Barbie Farreria, I'll be playing Kat Hernandez."

"I'm Angus Cloud and I'm playing Fezco."

"I'm Maude Apatow. I'll be playing Lexi Howard."

Wait, Maude was here?

Addie hadn't seen Maude in  a few years, but the two used to go to the same school and they were friends, until their family moved.

And it was suddenly Addie's turn.

"Hi, I'm Adeline Depp and I'll be playing Sophie Peters."

There were so many fucking names to remember. But she continued to look around the room, repeating everyone's name in her head. She didn't want to fuck up.

And thankfully, the party began shortly after.

"Nice to see you again, Addie." Jacob said as he walked up to her.

"You as well, Jacob."

He looked at the bar before glancing back at her, "Are you getting a drink?"

"Trying to decide what I want. What about you?"

He laughed, "Uh, I'm only 20."

She looked at him with wide eyes, "You're joking."

"Dead serious. You thought I was older?"

"I mean, yeah, I thought you were like 23."

"Is it because I'm tall?" He asked, narrowing his eyes at her.

"Yeah, I guess it is." Addie said, as the bartender glanced at her, "I'll have a Whiskey Sour please."

"Anything for you?" He asked Jacob and Jacob hesitated, thinking.

Was he going to do it?

"Whatever's on tap, please."

He did it. What would he have done if he got carded?

"Coming right up."

"What if he asked you for ID?" Addie asked with a laugh as the bartender walked away.