fourteen

When Johnny and Winona found out about what Jade did, saying they were livid, was an understatement.

Winona, who saw Jade as another daughter of hers for several years, was extremely devastated for her daughter. Jade had completely and utterly destroyed Addie's trust in everyone. And she had fucked with her relationships, plural. Fucking with one relationship is one thing, but multiple? You'd really have to despise someone to do that.

Johnny, on the other hand, while he didn't really understand all the girl drama, he was trying to be there for his youngest daughter.

"She's a bitch, that's what she is, Johnny!" Winona exclaimed as she frankly put dishes away.

Adeline told them an hour ago. Now she was in her old bedroom, getting a good sleep for the first time since she and Drew had their sleepover.

"Noni, sh. Don't wake up Addie."

"I'm jus trying to express myself." She huffed, "Can you believe she had the nerve to do that to her?"

"I'm upset as you are, love, but it's said and done. All we can do now is be there for Addie, and allow her to heal." Johnny replied, wrapping his arms around his wife's small figure as she leaned into him, immediately relaxing.

Sighing, she looked up at him, "You're right."

"I usually am." He grinned as she rolled her eyes playfully.

"Don't get cocky now."

Now, the next morning, Aurora, who was still in town, showed up at their parents house, demanding answers.

She stood over the bed that Addie slept in, staring down at her before she reached down to wake her up, but Addie abruptly opened her eyes, gasping and jolting back.

"Jesus Rory! What is wrong with you?" Addie said, putting a hand over her chest.

"Um, Jade? I fucking told you."

"I know you did."

"I can't believe she did all of those awful things to you. Mom and dad filled me in. They made a huge breakfast, all for you, of course."

"I sense some jealousy."

"I want my friend to stab me in the back so I can get a gourmet breakfast."

"Please, you live in New York. You have gourmet breakfast every morning."

Rory chuckled softly, "But seriously, are you okay? This isn't light shit."

"I think I'm as good as I can be."

"You know I'm always here, right?"

Addie nodded, "Yeah."

Rory pulled her out of bed down to the kitchen. The family of four ate in silence.

Then the conversation started.

And the questions started.

"So, which boy are you gonna go after?" Rory teased, smirking slightly.

"Neither, Rory."

"Bullshit."

"I'm just going to leave both relationships as friendships for now. It's been too complicated lately."

Lies.

Rory raised her eyebrows, sharing a look with their mom, "If you say so."

"What?"

"Nothing. We just think you might change your mind." Rory replied, "I mean we could totally set you up with someone else."

"We're not doing that." Addie quickly replied.