twelve

Since Logan had left LA a week after New Year's, Jade was able to really zone in on Drew. All behind Addie's back. She told Drew she was spending so much time with him due to his brother, and wanting to get to know his family more. But really, it was all a lie. And she even told Drew that she and Addie got into a huge fight and currently weren't speaking, so, yeah.

"You're still not speaking to Addie?" Drew asked as he sat down beside her at the island.

"Nope."

"Why won't you tell me what she said? It couldn't have been that bad, Jade."

"Trust me, it was."

"Just tell me."

"She just made fun of how I grew up. How I was poor and my family had huge fucking issues and how I'm just a gold digger, there's more it's just, uh, that's the gist of it." Jade mumbled, playing with her pasta with her fork.

Drew laughed slightly, "I'm sorry, Jade, but there's no fucking way she said that to you."

"You hardly even know her, Drew. So, you clearly have no idea what she's actually like."

"I just have a hard time believing that Adeline would say something like that to you."

"Well, it was a heated argument."

"Still, I doubt it."

"You don't even know her, Drew." Jade scoffed, annoyed at him.

"Yeah, you've said that." Drew replied, rolling his eyes slightly.

Then he began to think.

Jade had been spending a lot of time here since New Years, frankly, too much time. Why?

Why would she be spending time with Drew, and not Adeline?

She claimed she really liked Logan, and yet, she hardly talked to him. Yet she spent tons of time occupying Drew.

Oh my god. How stupid was he?

Was she into him? And trying to get him away from Adeline so she could have him all to herself?

No, Drew, you're paranoid and you're overthinking.

But, it made sense.

"Did Addie really go home with Jacob?" Drew asked, catching Jade off guard.

"Huh?"

"You said she went home with Jacob, and that they hooked up on New Year's."

Jade's eyes widened slightly, "Yeah, right, yeah, they did."

"Mhm, did they?"

"Yeah."

"And they're still seeing each other."

"Yup."

"I think you're lying, Jade."

Jade scoffed, "Drew, please. I'm not one to lie."

"Really? Because I feel like everything you've told me about Addie is a lie."

"That's so not true."

"Why are you even here all the time? I ask you to fucking leave and you don't-"

"Because of Lo-"

"Lo isn't even fucking here!" Drew yelled, "He's across the country and you don't even fucking talk to him so why are you here with me?"

"Because Lo-"

"No, it's not because of Lo. You wanna know what I think, Jade?" Drew asked before hesitating, "I think you don't want Addie and I to get close or be together. I think that in some fucked up way you want me, but I don't fucking want you at all. Why are you painting your best fucking friend out as the villain?"