thirty-six

Drew thought he was expecting a child for a mere four months. Yup, you read that right. Four months.

Jade was utterly convincing and the timeline added up, hence why he went into hiding and isolated himself from (almost) everyone.

In February of 2020, at what Drew thought was going to be a four month check up for his and Jade's baby, they were presented with other news.

She wasn't pregnant.

"I took the tests! My doctor told me-"

"Did you experience any bleeding or any kind recently?" The doctor asked her, trying to understand.

"No." She replied.

"I'm sorry, Miss, but there is no baby in your uterus and frankly, your Hcg levels are practically zero."

She furrowed her brow, "I don't understand, I, I-"

Drew knew she was lying and so after the appointment, he grilled her about it.

"So you lied to me this entire time? Saying you were pregnant when you weren't? How could you?"

"I was pregnant, you idiot!" She yelled back as she slammed the car door shut, "I miscarried a few weeks after I told you."

"What the fuck? Why'd you let it go on this long?"

"I wanted you to stay-"

"Was the baby even mine?"

She was silent.

"Jade? Was the baby even mine?"

More silence.

"Jade!"

"No! Okay? No, the baby wasn't yours! I was already three months pregnant when I told you, and you and I had only been hooking up for a month and you were a better guy than the other guy I fucked and I just thought that-"

"That you'd let me believe a kid wasn't actually mine?"

"Not in that way, but-"

"But what, Jade?" He groaned, "I spent three, sorry four, months thinking you were pregnant with my baby, only to find out, you were barely pregnant at all, and not even with my kid!"

"I'm sorry, okay? Like I said, I wanted you to stay."

"That's not the way to make a guy stay." He huffed, "Listen, I want your shit out of my apartment by tonight, you hear me?"

"Drew!"

"Did you hear me?"

She nodded at him sadly, "I am sorry, you know."

"Yeah, if you're fucking sorry you'll pay my therapy bill, cause trust me I'm gonna need one after this."

Drew did go to therapy, and he still goes to therapy once a week to talk about whatever is bothering him, which 99% is something to do with Addie.

He didn't know how to explain anything to her. He didn't want her to think he was needy or crazy, he wasn't, but he also really needed for her to hear him out.

Other than explaining to his siblings and his parents what happened, whom all were shocked, the first person he confided in was Madelyn.

"You're joking? Shit. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm good now. My head and my heart were just really fucked with."

"No kidding." She muttered, "And you're sure the baby wasn't yours?"