thirty-one

FOUR

MONTHS

LATER

*ENEWS BREAKING STORY*

We have word that the wonderfully talented, and exceptional daughter of Johnny Depp and Winona Ryder, Adeline Depp, has been casted as Priscilla Presley in Baz Luhrmann's biopic of Elvis Presley.

Depp, 23, will join Austin Butler, 28, who is playing Elvis in the film. It is set to release in the fall of 2021 or the spring of 2022.

Depp has stared as pregnant high-schooler Sophie Peters on the hit HBO show, Euphoria, which was renewed for a second season. She is also going to have a role in the Netflix show Outer Banks, which will premiere in April of 2020.

Filming of the Elvis biopic is said to start in the New Year in Australia. We look forward to keeping tabs on both Butler and Depp during filming.

Addie stared at the article in front of her, smiling to herself. She fought long and hard for that role, and she was excited that she was the one who got it over everyone else. Addie watched as the texts rolled in, congratulations in order from everyone. She replied to them, wishing that Drew would text her, but instead, he was busy adding a song to their playlist.

*Drew has added a new song*

Can't Help Falling in Love - Elvis Presley

She sighed as she exited the music app, putting her phone down. She would see everyone again tomorrow since they were all getting together for Drew's birthday. In a way, she was excited, but at the same time, she was slightly dreading it.

She had known for over a month that she had the role, but she hadn't told anyone, except her parents and Rory. Everyone else could wait. One of the reasons she knew? Austin followed her on Instagram after it was announced that he was playing Elvis back in July. And of course, then she received the long-awaited phone call from Baz.

As much as she looked forward to the next chapter in her life, she was already starting to mourn the one she was leaving behind. Not that she was leaving anyone behind per say, but she knew things would change, especially considering they were constantly changing, especially in her relationships with her guy friends. Or whatever you wanted to call them.

The thing was, her relationship was different with Drew than it ever was with Jacob. With Jacob, it was always friendly, and now, even after everything, it was almost like they were family. Yet with Drew, it was always more, and yet, nothing had progressed to becoming more.

Her and Drew would forever be stuck in the friend zone, but with extra feelings and flirting. It wasn't like every time they were on set doing scenes between Rafe and Iris, she didn't feel anything, because truly, she felt everything. Every kiss they shared was truly just Drew and Addie. Everything. Except the toxic side, for the most part.

They were just two stubborn individuals who refused to re-admit their feelings for one another. Living in a perfect loop of dismissal and happiness.

And Addie truly was a hopeless romantic, as was Drew, therefore, they were both easily susceptible to outsiders swooping them off their feet.