fifty-six

Drew toyed with texting Addie after they'd been on the livestream. He toyed with it every single day.

He even typed up an entire message to her while he was wasted one night they were out, but Odessa quickly interfered.

"Woah, nope, let's not go there."

He looked over at her sadly, "But why....I should just...I should just text her....I miss her..."

"Drew. C'mon." She sighed, "You said you were moving away from this."

"That doesn't mean I don't miss her...." He whined.

"You can't reach out first-"

"She's texted, I just, I-I didn't reply..."

"It's better off this way." Odessa said as she erased the message, "Let's get you back to the hotel, you drunk fool."

He laughed softly, "How would I survive without you, Dess?"

She laughed, "Honestly, I have no idea."

The livestream constantly replayed in his mind, and in hers. Maddie and Chase had been talking to both of them individually, and the only one they got through to was Addie, as evidenced by her texting him.

But she didn't realize how bad he wanted to reach out to her.

SEPTEMBER 2021

August came and went. The amount of times Addie had to briefly explain the situation between her and Drew seemed infinite at this point.

She felt like a fool more and more every single day.

She still hadn't heard from him.

Now and then she'd attempt to reach out, hoping, wanting, but nothing.

She did find out Drew would be back the second week of October and of course, Maddie was already planning a reunion. A cast reunion, she claimed, but she knew what it truly was.

Thankfully, she had been busy with Euphoria, busy with friends and her family, just trying to desperately to get her mind off things. She and Austin were true friends again and she and Jacob spent a lot of time together on and off set. Jacob had been dating Kaia Gerber for the last while, so they also had been spending more time together. Austin, however, said he was seeing someone, but apparently it fizzled out.

Rory had told Addie to back off of Drew, just incase he was getting annoyed with her, which she didn't necessarily appreciate. Rory just didn't think it was healthy.

"Maybe just wait until he comes back." Rory suggested, "It just seems like he clearly doesn't want anything to do with you-"

"Ouch."

"Well, you told me he said it himself."

Thanks big sis.

"Thanks for reminding me."

"But he'll probably come around."

"You just said-"

"Yeah, but it's Drew. Kids been in love with you since 2018, so...chances are he'll come around." She sighed, "But probably not until you confess your love to him."

"I'm not doing it over text."

"God, I'd hope not." Rory scoffed, "To be fair, I'd be shocked if you did it at all."

"I hate you."

"Hey, you called for advice and I'm dishing it out. I have to humble you somehow."

~