fifty-four

"What happened? What's going on?" Austin said as she opened the door.

"I fucked up." Was all she could get out as the tears started to flow.

He quickly shut her apartment door and pulled her into his arms, trying to soothe her.

"It's okay, it's okay."

"It's-it's not." She sniffled.

It took twenty minutes for her to calm down.

"You don't need to explain if you don't want to." He whispered to her.

"I'm sorry for pulling you into my mess of a life."

"You know I'd do anything for you, Addie."

She nodded, sighing softly, "I fucked things up with Drew."

"Why do you think that?"

"Well, uh..." she paused, "Ever since he went to Serbia..he-he was distant with me and so, this is so stupid, I flew over there with Maddie and Chase, and-and-and I wanted to surprise him and understand what was going on.."

"And..." he whispered.

"I went to his hotel, saw Odessa and she-she told me that he wasn't at the hotel but she lied and, uh then I saw them like...kissing...and I got upset."

"Kissing?"

"Yeah...he came to my hotel room, and uh, explained that situation and like, um, then we went back and forth about where we stood.." she sniffled, tears pouring down her face again, "He told me he loved me...I'm so stupid Aus...he told me he loved me multiple times and I-I couldn't say it back! I love him, I do. I love him so much it hurts and I can't say it to his face because I'm scared-I'm so scared to lose him and so scared to make my fucking feelings come true."

"Oh, honey..." Austin frowned softly.

"I fucked it up, Aus...he said he wouldn't-no-he couldn't do this anymore. I just, I don't know how to fix it, I really messed up. I should've told him I loved him but I froze, I fucking froze!"

"I know, Addie. There's nothing you can do about what's already happened, but I'm sure you two can work it out."

"I don't-I don't know, I don't think he's going to hear me out." She sniffled.

"He will if you are ready to tell him how you feel." He reassured her, "What can I do to help you?"

"Take me back in time and not fuck this up."

He chuckled softly, "I wish I could do that."

"You've done enough already. I'm sorry again for calling you, I just, I needed someone."

"I know. That's why I'm here." He gave her a soft smile.

~

"Is Addie coming?" Maddie asked as she and Chase followed Drew around the streets, "She didn't reply to me and her Find My Friends isn't working or maybe mine isn't, who knows..."

Odessa and Drew shared a look.

"What's going on?" Maddie clarified, "Drew."

"She's gone, okay?" He stopped walking, turning back to her and Chase.

"Gone?" Chase repeated.

"What do you mean?"

"She's probably back in LA by now. She left."

"What did you do?" Maddie exclaimed as Drew scoffed.

"Me? You're blaming this shit on me? Really!"