They're Dead

~The Originals were first created~

"You must go change before coming out to play, Ava" My older sister, Rebekah says. "Is this not good enough?" "Ava, I will go get Nik" "Ok, I will go change" I surrender. "Thank you"

It was not that I was afraid of my brother, it was that when he does not get what he wants... he kind of gets... angry. I do not like that side of my brother so I try not to make him angry as much as I can.

But being his younger sister and all, I have to cause some problems.

"Is this better, sister?" "Much, now let us go" I smile a huge smile and run to her. "Before you all run off, there is something I must say" Mother says. "I need you all back before sundown" We all nod.

"Bekah?" I ask, innocently. "Yes, Ava?" She asks, taking my hand. "Why do you think mother wants to see us before sundown?" "I am not sure, guess we will see later" I look up at my elder sister and smile.

"I love you Rebekah" "I am not carrying you again" She laughs, making me laugh. "I do not want you to" "Well, I love you to little one" "I hate being the youngest" "Enjoy it while it lasts, it is awful being older" I nod.

~Sundown~
We have all sat down to eat dinner together, just like always. Mother gave me apple juice and everyone else wine. We prayed before eating and I, like always was smiley and hyper.

What little girl isn't? Mother kept glancing at me with a weird look and took my apple juice.

"Mother?" "I'm getting different juice" I look at Bekah, who shrugs. "Mother can be quiet strange some days" I nod.

"How was your day, Mother?" "It was quite... entertaining, how was your and Rebekah's day out?" "It was just wonderful! We went shopping... we shopped for everyone! Got you all presents for All Hallows Eve! I can not wait for you all to open them!" I giggle.

"Sh, you are not supposed to tell" Bekah whispers in my ear. "How was your day, brothers? Hm, who should I ask first...? I asked Elijah first yesterday... KOL! Kol what did you do today?" I said, then continue to eat.

"Nik, Elijah and I all practiced with swords all day today" "Huh! Practiced for what?!" "We are going to fight, Ava!" He smiled. "What does that mean?" I ask and just as he was about to answer, Bekah starts to choke on her wine.

"B-Bekah?" "Get Ava out of here, Nik" Elijah says. "Rebekah!" I cry as Nik takes me into another room and hugs me, calming me down. "Here, take some of your-" "Do not let her drink that" Elijah said. "What?" "Mother poisoned our drinks, Rebekah drank hers first, it is why she went down first. Kol just went down, your next, Finn is next, I am last"

They all look at me, whose cuddled up with Nik.

"Ava? I need you to go with Elijah" "Nik no!" "For me?" I nod, running up to him. I wave to Nik and Elijah carries me to my room, and lays me down.

"Promise me you will not come out of this room?" "What if one of you needs help?" "We will not, we are here to protect you, it is what older siblings are here for... Promise me?" "I promise" "I love you, Ava" "I love you, Elijah" He left my room and never came back.