Leaving

~Ava~
I gave Damon a hug and grabbed what bags I hadn't grabbed yet, then left my old room. I'll miss him... a lot, he was my best friend. Tears start streaming down my face thinking about leaving Damon again. I'm so emotional. 🥺

The next person who I visit is... Bonnie, I have my letter to drop off. I'm not staying to chat, just dropping off the letter and going. As I was looking through the letter, I ran into Stefan.

"Your really gonna leave?" "Stefan-" I start but he takes my hand and walk with me out the door. "Stefan what do you want? Yes I'm leaving and I'm not coming back" "And it's because of me?" He asks, tears in his eyes. "Do not start crying, Stefan! You've had plenty of chances to come to me... plenty! But you left me! You left me again, the entire time I've been here you've avoided me! So what's the point of staying when I only stayed here for... you?" I whisper, crying.

"I know, everything your saying is 100% true-" "Yeah, I know it is" "Just please listen to me" "Why? Why should I take the time out of my day to listen to you, Stefan?" "That's up to you, I won't give you an reason" "Wow, Stefan, you want me to stay and you can't give me a reason to stop for 5 seconds to listen to you?" "I'm giving you a choice, Ava" "Well, I'm using my choice... goodbye Stefan" "Ava-" "I never wanna see you and I never want to hear from you again, ok?" I say, getting in my car and taking off.

~~

I cried all the way to New Orleans, as  soon as I pull up into the driveway, they came out. Nik, Rebekah... and... Elijah! When I saw the three of them, I broke.

They all helped me calm down, relax, and make sure I didn't break and start killing people again.

~The Next Day~
I'm laying on the couch my head on Rebekah's lap, she's playing with my hair; Nik has my legs on his lap, and Elijah is on the floor in front of the couch.

Last night I barely slept, so I'd been sleeping on the couch when there was a knock on the door.

"Ugggghh" I groan. It's not good when someone wakes me up like that. Now when someone wakes me up politely, that's better.

"Is anybody gonna get the bloody door?" I ask, tiredly. "Go back to sleep, Ava" Rebekah says, calmly. "Why? Who is it?" "Nobody important, ok?" Elijah says.

When I turn myself around, it was Stefan; Nik was beating him up. He wasn't even putting up a fight.

"Oh my God!" I yell, jumping off the couch and vamping to them. "Nik! Nik stop!" I yell, pulling him off Stefan throwing him across the room.

"What is going on?!" I ask Nik, not even looking in Stefan's direction. He looks past me, like he wants to vamp past me again. But I hold out my hand and turn around.

"Stefan?" I whisper in shock. Why am I shocked he's here? "We need to talk... alone" I sigh and nod. We go outside and walk to the park.

"I told you I never wanted to see again" I say, suddenly stopping mid-step. He stops and looks down. "I know" "So why are you here?" "To try again" I nod and ask, "Have you thought of a valid reason for me to stay and listen?" He's silent, making me shake my head and turn around.

Before I can even get anywhere, he grabs my hand and pulls me back so fastly that our bodies collide and so do our lips.