Damon's Letter

~Damon~
Last, is mine. It's still sitting on her old bed. But, I'm sitting in front of the fireplace with a glass of bourbon in my hand. I can't handle reading that, she was pretty much my best friend -really my only friend. Unless you count my bourbon. 😂

Vamping upstairs and sit down on her bed, I slowly picked up the letter.

Damon

Dear Damon,
as I'm writing this I'm already sobbing. It's weird to me how close you and I have become in the short days I have been here. I didn't expect to become friends with you after what you did to me back in 1920, taking Stefan away from me. But, you seem to have changed somehow, I'm definitely gonna miss you the most Damon Salvatore.
If I'd have known you back in the 20's I'd never have let you go. We'd have stayed friends forever, but unfortunately things are changing. Whether this is a good change or a bad one, I'm not sure yet. Several years down the road, I'll come back for sure. And I expect you to be married to Elena.
I can already see the confusion on your face, Damon you like Elena! And we all know she likes you! So if by chance there's no more Stelena, there has to be a DELENA!! Get it?
Damon & Elena? Stelena was Stefan & Elena. They don't go together if ya ask me.
Blame Caroline for all the putting names together thing, she's the one who taught me how to do it. She's taught me how to do so much stuff. I should probably end this letter before I end up crying all my tears out. I love you Damon, take care of Stefan, he's gonna need you right now I suppose.

Love,
Ava Lynn Mikealson

I hate it when people make me cry! Ah! I hate, hate, hate, hate it! But, Ava is a special woman, I'd cry over her 24/7 and never do a thing about it.

~Stefan~
FINALLY, I've made it to New Orleans! Of course Klaus opened the door when I knock on it and he just starts beating me up! I deserve it so I don't fight back.

Ava finally realized what was happening and stopped him. I asked her if we could talk and we went to the park, kissed and I told her Elena and I broke up.

"You did that for me?" "Yeah" "My letter, you actually read it" "Of course I read it" "I knew you would" "Obviously Damon read it first" We laugh and he kisses me.

"No, stop" He looks sad. "This doesn't mean anything" "I just drove all the way to New Orleans for you" "So?" I ask, trying to get him to say something that would make it worthwhile.

"So, I broke up with Elena, drove to New Orleans, got beat up by your brother and your telling me none of that means anything to you?" "Yes, yes I am" "Oh my God!" "Actions speak louder than words, Stefan" I say.

"Just because you do all that-" I fake laugh. "Stefan I wanna hear you tell me how much you care about me, and I don't want that crappy stuff every guy tells their girlfriend! I want sincere words, words from the heart" When he's silent, I nod and start walking past him. Tears start coming down my face.