Honoring Her Father

"It's a girl" I smile and take her from Freya's arms. "Your so beautiful" I chuckle. She had his eyes, his mouth, his nose; she already looked just like him. She's an exact replica of her father and he'll never get to see it. It made me cry, but I was also happy that she had so many people here for her.

"Stefanie, I'm naming her after her father" "I think that's a good idea" Damon says and I smile at him. He takes my hand and wipes the tears away. "No more crying about him, your daughter needs you now" "I know" I say.

Everyone held her and told me how beautiful she was. Caroline, Elena, and Bonnie are all coming to visit and see her.

"Hey, just wanted to say goodbye, I'm heading out now" "Stay" "I can't, I've got a life back in Mystic Falls" "I miss you Damon" "I'm always a phone call away, Ava" "I miss seeing you everyday" "I'll come and visit you from time to time" "I'll visit you, too" "Good"

We hug and he says goodbye to Stefanie. I wasn't lonely for long because the girls came shortly after.

"Oh my God, Ava! You look so beautiful!" Caroline says. "Thanks, I'm assuming your here for the baby" "We aren't just here for her, we're here for you too" "It's ok, I understand" I get Stefanie out of her crib and show her to the girls.

"Aw! She's so cute!" "Go ahead and say it, she's an exact replica of him" They smile sadly at me. "What's her name?" Elena asks. "Stefanie" "Oh, baby" Caroline says and hugs me. "Thought I'd honor her father" "That's really sweet of you to do, he'd be proud of you" "I know" "Hey, talk to us"

I put her back in her crib and smile at them. "I don't really need to anymore, I'm better" I smile down at Stefanie. "I love her and I loved him just as much, having her made me realize what I am... a mother. I need to be here for my daughter and I'm not gonna focus on anything but her now. No men or women-" I wink, making them chuckle.

"-my attention needs to be on her, it's time to let Stefan go now, he's in a better place and it's what he would want" "That's brave of you to do, Ava" I smile and hug them all. "I love you girls" "We love you too"