Stefan ~2009

When I left The Grill and got home, I called Rebekah. I didn't have anyone else to talk to you, she listened to me sob for hours without judging me.

~The next day~
Unfortunately, today is my first day of school. I have no idea what to wear, because it's been years since I've been to school. Honestly, I'm worried, what if I don't fit in?

I'm searching through my closet when there's a knock on my door. Vamping to it, it's Elena... thank Heavens.

"Oh, Elena! Thank God!" I groan. "You do know we have school in a few hours right?" "Yes, Elena, I am... but I can't for the life of me, find an outfit!" "If we had time I'd bring Caroline, but I guess I could try and help" "Anything just to get through one day" "Ok, come on" She laughs.

It actually didn't take long for us to find an outfit. Mainly because I don't have many yet. I have to go shopping today after school, I suppose.

"Hey, Elena?" I ask on the way to school. "Yeah?" "Why did you run from me when I told you I was a Mikealson?" "I-" "Elena, you can be honest with me... it's my brother, Nik, isn't it?" "Nik?" She asks, confused.

"Oh, right, Klaus -so stupid really" I say, rolling my eyes. We laugh and she says, "Your brother doesn't really like us" "He doesn't really like anyone" "I can see that" "But, I'm nothing like my family... I've had my fair share of downfalls, but haven't we all? Your boyfriend, Stefan Salvatore? He's had a lot of them... but in the end, I'm just a normal vampire with the last name of Mikealson. As long as I don't get pissed off, it's all good"

"How'd you know I was dating Stefan?" "Out of all the things I said, that's the thing you paid attention to the most, Elena?" "No, I heard everything you said and right now you seem like an amazing person, but you have to gain my trust if we're gonna be friends" "Oh believe me, I know. But, being a Mikealson, I've learned not to just throw my trust around, Elena"

"I completely understand with a brother like Klaus" "He might be completely physco, but he's still my brother, don't insult my brother please?" I ask and we get out of the car. "Stefan" I whisper. "What?" Elena asks, walking over to me. I clear my throat and give her a small smile.

"Nothing, let's go inside before we're late, yeah?" "Course" She agrees and we walk towards the entrance. Where Stefan just so happens to be. He furrows his eyebrows in confusion, wondering who I was.

"Stefan, hey" She greets him, giving him a hug. "Good morning, um, whose your new friend?" "I thought you two already knew each other?" "I'm Ava" I say, holding out my hand. "Stefan" "It's nice to meet you, Stefan" "You too, Ava" I smile, tears in my eyes. He's still just as polite as he was all those centuries ago.

"We should probably go, Ava" "Right, yeah" "See you later, Stefan" "Yeah, see you later" He keeps his eyes on me.

~~

Elena had introduced me to her friends Caroline, Bonnie and Matt. I'm pretty sure I'm making a good impression so far. Something is up with Caroline and Bonnie, but Matt he's definitely human.

I think Bonnie is... a witch, but either she doesn't know or she's just figuring it out; and Caroline... Caroline is a vampire.

*Ava is wearing the one with the knee high brown boots, since she's not really comfortable with pants you know? 😂 Just wait until the chapter she goes shopping 😂 it's gonna be pretty funny 😂 I'm excited!*