Bridget's Baby?

After Stefan left, the only person I was left with was Nik. He is not a great influence, he rubbed off on me a lot. I am still partially my old self, no anger issues, I am still quiet naive unfortunately.

~1943~
I have been laying on the floor for about an hour now, bored out of my mind.

"What is it this time?" "I am bored!" I whine. "Already? You have the distraction, and boredom level of a toddler" I stick my tongue out playfully.

"I take it back, you are a toddler" "You are mean" "So you keep telling me" I roll my eyes and go to the kitchen. We have maids and stuff here for us to snack on on occasion and to use to get us stuff, you know like a maid does.

"Oh hello Ava, you frightened me" "I am sorry, what are you looking for? I may be of some service" "My daughter is-" "Daughter? You have a daughter?" I say, shocked.

"Yes, ma'am" "Well, how come I have never met this daughter before?" "She lives really far away, when she visits she stays at a friend's house, I go there to see her, she will be arriving soon!" She says excited.

"Well have her come here! I want to meet this daughter of yours, how old is she?" "She is 2, going on 3 pretty soon" I have tears in my eyes. "Did I-?" "No, no, I am going to tell you a secret, Bridget" "You know my name?" "I know all your names, I am nothing like my brother" "Sorry, I did not mean to interrupt" "That is alright, anyway-" I say as we both sit.

"-I have always wanted to be a mother one day" "Why can you not?" "They told me I can not" "I am very sorry" I smile and shake my head at her. "Ah, that is alright, with my siblings it is probably best I do not" We laugh.

"Would your brother be ok with my daughter staying here?" "Leave that to me, I can always convince him to do anything" "You are a cutie" "Aw, so are you... and your daughter is adorable" She showed me a picture that she had, it was a polaroid.

~~

I walk out of the library and bump right into Nik. Uh oh.

~~

"Come on, Nik... please?" "No, we do not need a 2 year old in this house, we already have you in here" "That just is not right" "Ava Lynn I am serious about this" "Please? I really want to be around that baby!" "What, so you can get attached and never want to let it leave?" "Nik, come on, I will forgive you for daggering Rebekah, and Elijah" He furrows his eyebrows, and I raise one of mine.

~~

I vamp to the library, "He said it is good to go, but you have to keep the baby down. You know, vamp hearing and all" "Absolutely! Tell him I said thank you so much!" "I will" I say, walking out.