2 Months Later

I don't think I'll ever get over this, it's now been 2 months since the funeral and I'm still a mess. Stefan is my every thought, I dream about him and I see him in every face. It's hard to live like this, I hope that once the baby is born it'll be better.

"Ava?" I hear. "Go away" "I've got some blood for you" She sets it on my nightstand and leaves my room, closing the door. I didn't want to talk to anyone and I didn't want to see anyone.

Is it to much to ask that I be left alone? I need to grieve, to mourn the loss of the love of my life. I've not been drinking any of the blood, so I've hidden it underneath my bed.

Since I'm an original vampire I won't die but I'll get very weak. I can't go on knowing I killed him. But I'm hurting my baby, aren't I? It just hurts to bad, when the baby comes, I'll have Rebekah take her. Then, I'll have Niklaus dagger me, or Rebekah dagger me, maybe Elijah or Freya. I'm not sure, I'll find a way. But this hurts to bad I can't keep doing it anymore.

~That night~
Marcel came in my cracked door to see me in the same position I've been in for the last few months. Everyone is worried about me and I know they are. They have every right to be, but I don't need someone to come check on me every morning and every night. To come give me blood every other hour on the hour to make sure I'm still alive or whatever.

"Ava, I know your awake" "Go away, Marcel" I say, my voice hoarse. "Your not drinking are you?" "It doesn't matter" "Yes it does" "What do you want Marcel?" "I just want you to know that I'm here for you to talk to if you need me"

All of a sudden, my stomach twists and I get a sharp pain. "Ow" I gasp, sitting up. "What's wrong?" "I... I think she's coming" I whisper, scared. "I'll be right back, ok?" "No, no don't leave me please!" "Just for a few seconds"

Elijah, Rebekah, Nik, Hayley and Marcel all rush into the room. As they see how pale I am, they force me to drink the blood on my nightstand, automatically making me stronger.

"Call... call Damon!" I shout. "On it" Rebekah says. "Damon, Ava's having her baby, she wants you here" "On my way" "Stefan! Where's Stefan? Nik, I need Stefan here, I can't do it without him! Get him here!" I shout. They all exchange glances.

"I- he can't be here, Ava" "Why can he not be here, Niklaus?!" "He passed away, remember?" "No, he didn't that was a nightmare" "I want you to focus on her, ok?" "No I can't do it without Stefan!"

"Ava!" Damon shouts. "Damon! Where is Stefan?" I ask as he comes to my side, wiping the sweat from my forehead. "Um, he couldn't make it" Tears start streaming down my face.

"It'll be ok, I promise" "No!" "Just relax and have your baby" I start to feel this urge to push. So I grab Elijah and Damon's hand as tight as I could, then I squeeze.

"Ah! It hurts" "Just a little more, Ava" I squeeze a few more times, crying and screaming in agony. Until...

I hear a baby girl crying.