Her

~The next morning~
Stefan
I finally got to wake up in Ava's arms, she was in a fetal position curled up beside me. It was really nice to wake up like that, but I couldn't help but feel like there was something wrong.

Then, I realized what it was: she had started scooting closer and closer to me until she couldn't anymore, and even then she tried. She whimpers a few times, like she's having a nightmare... she's in pain.

"Ava? Ava, hey, wake up" When I finally get her awake, she bursts into tears and hugs me. "I thought you were gone!" "Where else would I be?" I say with a small smile. "I- I had a dream... you left me... and then you- you died!" She sobs.

"Hey, Ava, look at me" I say softly."I'm not going anywhere... I will stay right by your side, for as long as you allow me" "Forever?" "Forever" She nods and a few more tears fall down her face.

"Come here, I will never leave you" I whisper sincerely, looking into her eyes, my hand on her cheek. "I never want you to leave me, Stefan... I'm tired of being alone" "What do you mean? You have your brothers" "That's not what I meant" She chuckles, sarcastically.

"Hey, talk to me" "Every time I would meet someone... my brothers would scare them away. Or they'd find out my last name and take off... I would never hear from them again" I nod, remembering her telling me that story before.

"Yeah, that story sounds familiar" She nods. "I don't want someone who I've actually gotten to know and actually cares for me to leave me at the time I need them most" "I'm not planning on going anywhere, Ava" I whisper softly.

"Thank you... for always being here for me" "What are best friends for?" "Is that all we are?" "Well, I don't exactly know anymore... with all the-" I sigh.

"-taking off it's kind of hard to keep up with" Tears well in her eyes. "Hey, hey, no more crying" "I feel so bad!" "No, hey, it's over and done with, right?" She nods.

"So, don't worry about it, I'm over it" I say. Then all of a sudden, we heard noises coming from Damon's room. My nose crinkled up and Stefan chuckles at me.

"Oh my God!" I whisper. "It's Damon, did you expect anything less?" "No, but I didn't expect to be in the house!" We laugh. Until we realize that it's someone neither of us expected it to be.

*Find out who it is in the next chapter!*

Who do you think it is? I wanna know y'all's answers in the comments!