Gone Again

~The next morning~
~Stefan~
Last night, she and I talked about things and her and I both came clean about everything. We were shocked at each other to say the least, but we worked things out.

When I woke up, I fully expected to see her beside me. But, my bed was empty.

I vamp downstairs and see Rebekah is gone, too. Damon's pouring his bourbon, and just as I'm about to ask him where the hell Ava went, he says,

"She left" I raise an eyebrow. "Is she coming back?" "I don't think so, Stef" I nod at his response. "Another note, huh?" "Yep, she seems to like writing those" "Maybe that's why she keeps leaving" "Stef-" "Don't, Damon" I say, tears in my eyes, I walk up to my room close the door and read the note.

Dear Stefan,
I'm sorry I'm gone again. But this time, it's for good, we should have never ran into each other again. Don't get me wrong, I'm so glad I got to spend a few days with you, they were the best few days of my life... but at the same time, I know that this is gonna break your heart.
So I'm sorry, Stefan. I'm going back home to live with my family, I can't live without them. I'll text you and I'll call you on occasion if you want, but I'm never coming back to Mystic Falls again.
I love you, Stefan... forever

~Ava Lynn Mikealson~

I threw the note and laid on my bed, I needed to say goodbye. So, I call her; I know this isn't a good idea.

'Stefan?' She whispers, surprised I'd actually call her. 'You sound surprised that I'd call' 'A little bit' She chuckled, sadly. 'I just wanted to say goodbye' I finally forced out.

She sniffles and I can hear her breathing start to get shaky. 'I'm sorry, Stefan, I am' 'If you think being with your family is better than I'm not gonna stop you, Ava' A few tears come down my face. 'I love you, Ava' 'I love you, Stefan call me whenever you want to' 'Ok' I say my voice cracking.

It was a painful day, I wanted to shut off my humanity so badly but I couldn't do it. It's a good thing I didn't because I got a call from her in the middle of the night.

'Stefan?' 'Ava, what are you doing up?' I ask, tiredly. 'I couldn't go to sleep without saying goodnight' 'Well, goodnight' She all of a sudden starts bursting into tears. 'Ava? What's going on?' 'Nik, he daggered Rebekah' 'Ava, I'm sorry, I can come and be there' 'No they hate you up here... They'll hurt you' 'I don't want you to face this alone' 'Just don't leave me' She cries.
'Wouldn't dream of it' She chuckles and we eventually fall asleep on the phone.