His Letter

This is wrong, ugh, it's so wrong! But he's so... him. It can't be that bad, can it? Wait a second... two damn things... Elena Gilbert!

"Huh, wait a second" I say and fake laugh. He looks at me confused. "Elena Gilbert, she's waiting for you in Mystic Falls" I say sadly, looking down. "No, she's not" My head snaps up. "What?" I ask. "I broke things off... I couldn't be with her anymore, all I wanted was to be with you" I smile and nod, "You did that for me?" "Yeah" "My letter, you actually read it" "Of course I read it" "I knew you would" "Obviously Damon read it first" We laugh and he kisses me.

~1 Day Before~
~Stefan~
When she drove away, my world crumbled everything was black and white now. There was no color to anything, my world was ending. It hurt worse to know that I hurt her.

"Damn it!" I yelled, smashing a glass against the wall in the living room. My journal just isn't gonna do it this time. I know what I have to do, and as soon as Damon came into the room he smirks at me and nods. He knew exactly what I was thinking.

"Um, hey Jeremy is Elena here?" "Yeah, she's upstairs" "Thanks, mind if I-?" I start and he moves out of my way. As I make my way up the stairs, my mind races with different ways to do this. I'll have to see the woman I love cry, or I suppose... loved... cry.

"Elena?" "Stefan, hey, what are you doing here?" She asks with a smile. "I- we need to talk" Her smile fades and I break the news to her- that we should take a break.

I also drop off the letter that Ava had written to her and the one for Jeremy  off while I was there. Killed two birds with one stone.

"It's ok, Stefan, I understand" "Friends still?" "Friends" She hugs me and I vamp off, leaving her alone.

~The Next Day~
I had talked to Damon about going to track down Ava and trying to get her back. He thought it was a good idea as long as I was sneaky enough to not get caught by Klaus, Rebekah or Elijah.

"Here, before you go, you never read your letter" "I don't want to either" "I really think you should, Stef" "Ok, fine" I say, fustrated.

STEFAN

Dear Stefan,
by the time you read this I'll be long gone all the way to New Orleans -I might be in Chicago. You and Damon are the only two who know where I might be located, it's not hard to find but I didn't wanna tell because I didn't want Care or Bonnie or someone like that tracking me down and kidnapping me to bring me all the way back to Mystic Falls.
The purpose in writing all my friends letters is so I don't have to do it in person. It was hard to say goodbye to Damon, not because we slept together but because he was there for me when I was having my jealousy breakdown. I knew if I was having that much trouble saying goodbye to Damon, it would be two times as hard saying goodbye to you.
I know Damon is a sensitive subject, but to be honest with you, I would never have sex with him; the only reason I did was to make you jealous. I know he's probably read this already besides he felt the same way anyway and that's ok because I have no romantic or sexual feelings for him. To be honest, I wanted it to be you that I was with. Not Damon, nobody else but you.
Elena is a lucky girl, you aren't the reason I'm leaving Stefan. I left because I couldn't bare to see you happy with anyone but me. And I know that's so selfish, but I don't care I really don't. I'm leaving so you can be happy without me in the picture again, I love you so much... I'm letting you go now. I wish you and Elena luck; she really is a lucky girl, your a special guy.
If I'm needed, my addresses are below, don't come unless necessary.
Goodbye, Stefan I love you forever

Love,
Ava Lynn Mikealson