Katerina Petrova

~Ava~
Dear diary,
Nik does not love me anymore. He loves her more. Katerina Petrova. We were so close, now he has this girl in the picture and we are nothing. I have not talked to Nik about her yet, he needs to be happy with a woman and I need not to stand in the way of that.

~Ava

~~

After brushing my teeth/hair, getting dressed into daytime clothes, and putting on shoes I go outside to meet up with Rebekah.

"You are... Ava, Niklaus' youngest sister, yes?" "I already know who you are... Katerina Petrova. You have my stolen my brother from me" I say without meaning to. "I am sorry, that is not like me, usually I do not say such things" "That is quite alright, I suppose I am just... fascinated by how close you all are" "We have only each other"

"I do not have a family, just one friend, her name is Emily" "Katerina, I am sorry I misjudged you so quickly, Niklaus is just someone very important to me" "That is alright, siblings must stick together" I smile.

"I may be all innocent, I do not look like I could hurt a fly... but if you hurt my brother in any way, shape or form... I will hurt you in the worst way you could possibly imagine, do you understand me?" I ask her in the darkest voice I could use. "Completely"

"Good, so we understand each other" She nods and I walk away with my head held high.

~~

~6 years later~
Nik would not let me carry out with my threat against Katerina. But we did end up leaving and going to New Orleans.

I am now 16 years old and everything is starting to get tense around here, but I do not understand why. It is very confusing, I am just to scared to ask what the problem is.

They have finally allowed me to go out on my own! Shocking, I know! But they know I can take care of myself.

~Rebekah~
We let Ava go out for her birthday, she was supposed to be back at a specific time and she is 7 hours past curfew.

The worry finally consumes us and we go in search of Ava. All of us went different ways and would meet up at one spot.

"Ava? Ava Lynn? You better not be playing around with us! Because this is SO not funny!" I shout. I look up and down alleys, ask different people. It starts storming- lightning and thundering- she hates thunder, lightening as well. She has GOT to be absolutely freaking out.

"Ava, if I find you out here you are grounded!" Then, I smell a massive amount of human blood.