Feeding Time

When Ava noticed us all look at each other, she got really suspicious. We did not want to tell our sister about the awful thing we had just made her become.

"What are you guys hiding from me?" She asks. "Ava-" "NO! I-I was dead and now I am not!" "Well, technically you still are" "What?" "Great going Elijah" I whisper.

"What are you talking about Elijah?! Bekah? Nik?" "Ok, ok, fine just... sit down, please?" When she did we explained everything from what happened with mother, why she could not go out with us at night, to now.

"Oh God" She whines. "Relax, Ava, it is not the end of the world" "No you are  right it is not, because I will always be alive!" "Listen, Ava Lynn, your emotions... they are a bit heightened"

~~

~Niklaus~

After we got her calmed down, I took her out to show her how to hunt. She had to eat somehow and who better than her big brother, Niklaus?

"Do I really have to do this?" "Yes, Ava, we all had to it, now it is your turn, besides you will die if you do not" "But, they are all innocent people" "Ava Lynn" She sighs, giving up, knowing I was getting fustrated.

~~

"Alright, who looks interesting to you?" "Everyone" "That is my baby sister!" He says, hugging me. "If I had to pick... her" "Oh, you like the blondes" "She's pretty, and she looks yummy" I say, my mouth watering, my voice had cracked.

"Go get her" "What?! If I grab her, that is kidnapping!" "Just tell her to come with you while looking into her eyes, it is not hard" "Ok" I walk over to her and tell her to come with me. We go into the woods close by, Nik not far behind.

"Now, love, the point is... not to kill her" He says before I bite into the side of her neck. "Ava, Ava!" I could not hear Nik at all, it was just me and the blood.

"Ava Lynn Mikealson!" I hear Rebekah yell. I snap my head over to her as I drop the dead body, blood all over my mouth.

"What did Nik tell you?" "Not to kill her" I whisper "And what did you go and do?" "I killed her" I whisper again, she nods at me. "Yes, you did" "I am sorry, Nik... It just tasted... so...good" "I know, do not worry about it, let us all just go home and forget about this, yes?" I nod and we start for home.

On our way, a strong scent of blood hits my nose. Nik and Rebekah look at each other but before they could do anything, I had ran off.

"Ava Lynn! What has gotten into your brain?! What makes you think it is ok to kill innocent people?!" "I do not mean to" She says, tears in her eyes. Nik and Rebekah hug me and the next day they both spend the day with me trying to help me feed without killing anyone. They do it for days just to make sure I have the hang of it. Pretty sure they follow me on occasion as well.