You Are Just Scared

Nik had been talking to him again, but the second I walked in the door the handsome man's eyes locked on me.

"Go get him, what are you waiting for?" "You to go distract Nik!" "Oh, right go sit on that empty bar stool, and wait for him there" I nod. "Thank you, Rebekah" "Of course, I love you" "I love you, too" I say back.

While waiting, I decide to order a drink. Usually I am not much of a drinker, but it is a special occasion. So I figured I would let it slide for tonight.

"Is this spot taken?" "Not now" He chuckles. "I am assuming the blonde woman talking to your brother is your sister?" "Yes, her name is Rebekah" "I never did find out yours" "That was the point" He smiles trying to figure me out.

"Thank you" I say to the bartender when he gets my drink for me. "I do not usually drink, but I figured... tonight is a special occasion" "And what is the special occasion, if you do not mind me asking?" "Well, you see my sister over there-" "Rebekah" I nod and take a drink of my drink.

It burns going down my throat, but in a good way I suppose. I shake my head and down the rest of it.

"Wooh! Anyway, Rebekah- I can not say it out loud... he might be listening" I whisper, he chuckles at me and which makes me giggle.

"Your smile is so cute" I say. "You think so?" "I do, I like your laugh and your..." I trail my finger -slowly- from his throat, down to the top of his pants. His breaths were getting heavy, it was so hot. I had never felt this kind of excitement before.

"...body" I whisper in his ear. I started to panic as he kisses my neck, it- it lights this... this fire inside of me. It was making me panic, I have never done anything like this before... my brother always chased all the boys away. But I am brave enough to admit that I am scared.

"Um, can you...-" He stops and looks at me with a panicked expression. "If I go somewhere for a few minutes, will you still be here?" "Yeah, is everything ok?" "Of course, I just... it is just-" He puts his hand on my cheek, rubbing it with his thumb.

"This is new to me, I have never felt it before... Nik always chased the boys away" "You are not gonna come back are you?" "I am, I promise! Rebekah has been on plenty of dates, so I thought that maybe she could help me out... you know give me some advice" He smiles and nods. "I will be here"

I humanly run to Rebekah, who was still distracting Nik. She smiles at me, but I shake my head and say, "Bekah, can I talk to you for a second... alone?"

Her and I walk a good distance away from Nik and I tell her what happened.

"Ava, your just scared" "I know I am, that is what I am coming to you about!" "Sh, calm down... you are going to be just fine" "I do not know if I can do this" "Ava, you are a brave girl, you can do anything you set your mind to, now go get him... do not let him get away" "Maybe we should... take a walk? Get out of this bar?" "Yeah, go ahead" "Ok, yeah, yeah, it is probably just Nik that is making me all nervous"
She chuckles and so do I.