33

⚠️THIS CHAPTER TALKS OF SUICIDE AND DEATH. if you are uncomfortable reading this please message me and I can summarize it for you if you'd like.⚠️

⚠️SUICIDE IS NOT THE ANSWER. IF YOU NEED TO TALK TO SOMEONE ABOUT WHAT YOU'RE GOING THROUGH MY INBOX IS OPEN⚠️

Taylor’s pov

“Sure, what’s up?” Colby asked, his eyebrows furrowed.  He pushed his bag away, focusing on me.  The look his icy blue eyes gave me made me slightly uncomfortable but I felt comforted by it at the same time.

“What if,” I fidgeted with my hands, “What if I started a Youtube channel?”

“Wait really?” He asked in disbelief, as if he was unsure I was serious.

“I mean, yeah.  Working at Tendergreens is a temporary thing, and I don’t want to be known as Alex Youmazzo’s friend or That girl from Sam and Colby’s videos, ya know?” I looked over at him, “And though it sounds bad, I already have a small following from being in Alex’s Tiktoks,”

“I think it’s a great idea,” He smiled at me, “I can help you come up with ideas and get you a camera and teach you how to use it,”

“Really?” I asked, and he nodded, “Thank you,”

“Of course, beautiful.  I’d do anything for you,” Colby smiled, grabbing my outstretched foot and using it to pull me towards him.

I could feel my face heat up ever so slightly when he called me that pet name, and on top of that I let out a squeak when he pulled me over to him, so that was two embarrassing moments within a couple of seconds.

I covered my mouth, surprised at the noise that escaped it.  I figured Colby would be cringing at me, pushing me away for being stupid but he didn’t. 

He let his forehead fall gently onto mine, and pulled my hand away from my mouth.

“Don’t do that,” He said quietly, setting my foot down behind him so that the rest of my leg was in his lap, “Don’t cover your mouth.  I’m not going to make fun of you and I’m not ever going to call you names for the things you do”

“Sorry,” I let my eyes fall shut for a moment, picturing myself watching us from across the room.  Two silly, insignificant people sitting on the floor together, with no real purpose.  It brought a smile to my face, and I opened my eyes once again to see Colby staring at me.

“See? Your smile is beautiful. Just like you,” He continued, caressing my face with his hand.

I laced my fingers through his, letting them sit against my face.  At this moment, I felt peaceful.  I felt like it was just us two in the world, nothing could destroy the bond we had.  Even though I loved every second of it, I had responsibilities back home.

“I think I’m gonna go,” I said, and still Colby did not tear his eyes away from mine.  I swear if they were any bluer I’d think they were the ocean and I’d climb in them and drown.  

“Okay,” His voice came out as a whisper, his face came closer to mine and he kissed me gently before helping me to my feet.

“You want me to pick you up from work?” Colby asked, grabbing my hand and leading me out of his room and down the stairs.

“Sure,” I shrugged nonchalantly, though the thought of him picking me up from Tendergreens excited me.  

I could get used to this.

“What time do you get off?” He asked, and I thought back to the schedule Annelise gave me.

“Um, two.  Hey Colby?” I started, looking over at him as he opened the door for me, “How am I gonna get home? I don’t have my car and you’re busy,”