CHAPTER SEVEN

MADDY:

I'm currently sitting awkwardly while Johnny kicks Bam, Ryan and Tremaine out of the room. Then, he startles me by speaking.

"Lay down on the bed. Mouse." He directs.

"Mouse?" I question.

"Yeah, you're like a scared Mouse, lay down." He says with a sarcastic exhale.

"Right, sorry."

"Why are you so goddamn sorry for everything?" He said impatiently.

"Sorr-"

"Don't." He warned me. I shut my mouth this time. He turned on the soft bedside lamp.

"Why don't you just open the curtains if you need light?" I question him.

"The light hurts my head." He said. He kind of looked surprised that he had told me that. No wonder he wears glasses all the time. Maybe he doesn't like to talk about it. I just nodded.

"Alright, I'm going to take your shirt off okay?" I nodded again. His fingers grabbed my shirt and delicately lifted it over my head. His delicate touch, a beautiful juxtaposition to his bruised knuckles. I winced at the motion of me lifting my arms. That hurt like a bitch, it even made my eyes tear up.

"Alright alright, it's okay." He said sweetly. "Let's have a look here." His fingers softly explored my torso. Sometimes pausing to press areas and ask me if it hurts. His cold fingers were icy against my hot skin.

"They aren't broken, just bruised, put some ice on it and take it easy yeah?" He said.

"Yeah okay."

"I'm going to give you some pain killers, they are pretty strong. Have you had anything to eat, breakfast?" I shook my head.

"Dinner?" I shook my head again. He looked at me with eyes of disappointment. I haven't been eating that much lately. The constant anxiety makes my appetite disappear.

"Have you taken any pills today?" He questions while checking the dosage on the pill bottle.

"Um, I uh-" I stutter. He turns to look at me. "I took a uh- a plan B, this morning." I say with my head down. I can feel him sitting down on the mattress right next to me.

"He can't hurt you anymore okay? Maddy?" He says serenely. I look up at him just as a tear falls out of my eye. Then, he surprises me by lifting his bruised hand and brushing the tear off with his thumb. We stare at each other until something flips in his mind. He coughs and I swear his eyes turned black.

"Alright, were done here, leave so I can get some fucking sleep for once." He says bitterly while walking away and opening the door. I quickly stood up and put my shirt back on, walking out the door.

"Johnny?" I call right before the door closes.

"Yeah?" He says nonchalantly.

"Thank you." I say while looking at the ground, then his eyes through my lashes. He gave me a tight lipped smile and shut the door. Leaving me alone in the hallway.