CHAPTER FORTY SEVEN

MADDY:

It's been a couple of weeks since we finished the apartment and I haven't heard from PJ. Jeff said he calls him almost everyday to check on me, he said he sounds miserable and hasn't been sleeping well. 

I decided that today is the day I'm gonna call him. Bam and Dunn have been really great roommates but I would like my boyfriend back, to hear what he has to say for now.

"Guys I n-need to do this a-alone." I tell Bam and Dunn.

"Fine, we'll be in the other room, yell if you need anything." Bam says.

"Thanks" My speech has been getting so much better. I can actually form sentences now, I just have a slight stutter which is annoying.

I grab the phone and dial PJ's number. I know it by memory from all the times I've typed it in, in hopes that I would press the call button, but I never did. Until now.

It starts to ring and it feels like forever until he picks up.

"Hello?" He says in a groggy voice.

"PJ, h-hi." I mentally curse myself for stuttering.

"Maddy, oh my god, hi. How are you?" He asks. I can hear him standing up from his bed.

"I'm okay. I decorated the apartment." I say.

"I noticed, the credit card company called me to see who was spending all my money." he chuckles.

"PJ I'm sorry, Bam said-"

"It's fine Mads, I left my card for you to use."

"PJ. Can you come back please? S-so we can t-talk." I say softly.

"Of course I can, Maddy, thank you." We say our goodbyes and hang up. I smile to myself and stand up. Silently walking towards the guest room then quickly opening the door. This causes Bam and Dunn to fall on top of each other, their ears were pressed up against the door so they fell right as I opened it.

"Eavesdroppers!" I chastise them. They act as if they don't know what I'm talking about.

"He's coming, so you need to get o-out." I tell them. "T-thank you guys, for everything. I- love you." I say and hug them both.

"We love you Maddy." Bam says, lifting me up.

"Ouch ouch, Bam." I wince.

"Sorry sorry." He chuckles and kisses my cheek.

KNOXVILLE:

"Who was that?" My sister Lynne, says.

"Maddy. She wants to talk." I say, setting my phone down. I've been in Knoxville for a couple weeks and it feels weird to be here. Back in my childhood room, where I would spend my nights dreaming about what I could do in the future.

"Go, PJ. She's waiting for you." Lynne says, sitting on the edge of my bed.

"I don't know Lynne, what if she doesn't take me back." I rub my eyes, I haven't been sleeping very well, obviously.

"PJ, you just have to go and see for yourself." She says.

"I'm scared." I put my head in my hands. She rubs my back, comforting me.

"Aw, my little brother. Come on PJ, go get her, I wanna meet her okay?" She says. I nod and start packing the clothes I bought here. I left everything back in Maddy's apartment so I had to buy new stuff.

...

During my flight, I think of what I need to tell her. I practice and practice what I'm gonna tell her. I can't lose her, she's giving me one more chance and I can't screw it up. She's my light, she's it for me and I know it.

"Would you like a glass of water?" The stewardess says.

"No thank you ma'am, could I have a glass of whiskey instead?" I suggest.

"Of course." She pours my glass and hands it to me.

"Thank you ma'am." I smile at her. Drinking the whole glass down, I enjoy the feeling. "Excuse me ma'am." I catch her attention once again. "Could I get another glass please?" She smiles and pours me another.

...

"Heyyyyy Tremaineeee!!!" I hug my friend. Isn't he so nice? He came and picked me up at the airport.

"Ugh PJ you reek. What did you drink?" He asks, holding my bag and putting it in the trunk.

"Whiskey, lots of it." I slur. "Drive me to Maddy's. I n-need to talk to her. I practiced!" I say, getting in the car.

"Not today PJ, she can't see you like this. Sober up and I'll take you tomorrow." He says calmly.

"No!! Take me today!." I begged the whole car ride, only for Tremaine to drive me to the hotel.

"Come on PJ." He helps me out of the car.

"Don't fucking touch me Jeff." I writhe away from his grip. Pontius comes out and sees me.
"Hey Knoxville, long time." He comes up to me.

"Pontius not now." Jeff warns.

"Saw your girlfriend yesterday, quite the catch." He pokes fun.

I punch him. Not even sorry about it.

"Oh come on Knox! I was kidding." He says, laughing and holding his cheek.

"Now I definitely can't take you to Maddy. Bed, now." Jeff pulls me away from the lobby and into his room.

----

A/N: oh knox are u serious rn