CHAPTER THIRTY

MADDY:

Tonight has been extremely exhausting, with staying up late to watch Titanic, to Knox snapping at me at like 2 am. And now, I am woken up by my boyfriend mumbling in his sleep.

"Stop it, get me out of here." He says, softly thrashing around. I squint my eyes and turn on the dim light to get a better look. He has his eyes closed, his eyebrows furrowed in pain and he keeps mumbling for someone to "stop". He starts breathing heavily and I see the first tear come out of his eyes. He's having a nightmare.

"Knox? Knoxville? Hey, Johnny. Wake up." I say, rubbing his cheek with my hand. He's not waking up so I gently pat his chest and hold his face in my hands.

"Johnny!" I say a little bit louder. This seems to do the trick. He opens his eyes widely and I see only one emotion in them. Fear. It takes him a second to realize it was a dream and he starts calming down. At this point I am straddling his hips with my hands on either side of his head. He looks around and finally at me, relaxes his head and licks his lips.

"Shit, did I wake you up Mads?" He says, exhaling.

"You were having a nightmare, what was it about?" I say, slowly coming down to lay on my side, facing him.

"The usual, I was at the hospital. I don't like hospitals. I think I have been in them too much." He says, completely serious.

'Well, it was only a dream baby. Go back to bed." I say, kissing him softly.

"I don't think I'll be able to after that." He says laying down on my chest.

"Try." I start rubbing my fingers through his hair in a soothing motion and before I know it, I fall asleep, and I think he does too.

KNOXVILLE:

It's the next day. I didn't think I would be able to fall back asleep after my nightmare, but I couldn't help it when Maddy started parting her fingers through my hair. I slept soundly. Until 10 am. That's when my migraine started. I go through this a lot so I'm used to it, but Maddy isn't.

I shot up off of the bed and ran to the toilet to empty my stomach. This is usually how my migraine days start. I get nausea and throbbing head pain, and I am even more sensitive to light.

"Johnny! Are you okay?!" Maddy yells as she runs into the bathroom to rub my back. I lean my head back and pinch my eyes closed since she turned the light on.

"Migraine, Mads, turn the light off." I plead.

"Oh right sorry!" She says, too loudly. It might not even be that loud to the normal ear, but to me, my Mouse is being VERY loud.

"Shh, whisper please." I say.

"Fuck sorry, here, come with me." She whispers, helping me stand up and walking towards the bed.

"Don't be sorry." I say.

"How can I help you?" She says, laying me down.

"Water, the painkillers in my bag and glasses please." I say weakly. She nods and runs off to collect those things. She comes back with a glass of water and a pill in her hands. She puts the pill in my mouth as if I was a child and gives me sips of water. She then reaches for my sunglasses and places them on my eyes.

"Can I do anything else?" She whispers once more.

"Don't worry Maddy. Thank you. Go shower and eat breakfast please."

"When will you be okay?"

"I don't know, a couple hours maybe. Just go outside with the guys and do whatever you want, okay?" She nods.