CHAPTER SIXTY TWO

MADDY:

I wake up to the warm sunlight creeping through the curtains, showering down onto my bare shoulder, giving me the type of warmth that makes one happy. The warmth of hot soup on a cold day. The warmth of a wool blanket thrown on your back. The warmth of the wood floors you lay on when you stay home from school. The warmth of a hug from a loved one.

PJ breathes consistently behind me, he's still asleep. I turn around as softly as I can and look at him. His eyes are closed, lips soft and pink. His hair is messily laying on his forehead, it's getting longer. He looks so peaceful right now.

RIIIIIIINGGGGG! RIIIIINGGGGGGG! RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGG!

PJ's eyes shoot open like a predator as he jumps out of bed, falling in the process and hitting his cheekbone on the bedside table.
"For fucks sake!" He yells, holding his face in pain.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, that's my phone." I shoot up out of bed and run to the other side of the room to unplug my phone from its charger. I grab it and see that Slater is calling me. As I pick up the call, PJ walks by me to get to the bathroom. He's putting his fingers on his face to stop the bleeding from where he hit himself.

"I'm sorry, fuck, I'm so sorry." Guilt consumes me as he walks by in pain.

"It's alright, it's alright." He waves me off, walking into the bathroom.

"Hello?" Slater says into the phone.

"Slater! Hi." I cheerfully say.

Knoxville's head pokes out of the bathroom, lifting his eyebrows up, blood running down his cheek. I roll my eyes and wave him off.

"What's going on, why are you calling so early?" I rumble, sitting on the bed.

"Early? Squeak, it's 12 pm!" He laughs.

"Christ, I can't believe it's that late! We just woke up." I laugh.

"Hey listen, I know your little boyfriend and his friends aren't big fans of me but, how about you guys come over to my house and we can hang out today. I have a half pipe that Bam might like."

"Oh yeah sure! That sounds great! What time?"

"How about... 5 ish. I'll order some pizza." He says.

"Alright, see you at 5 then!" I say, standing up and walking towards the bathroom.

"Later Squeak." He says and hangs up.

I walk into the bathroom and find PJ cleaning his cheek.

"PJ I'm so sorry, fuck." I say, walking up to him and trying to take the gauze from him and help clean his cheek.

"Ah ah, dirty fingers, wash your hands." He pulls his head back before I touch him.

"Right, sorry." I say, quickly washing my hands and rubbing some neosporin on his cheek.

It's a little swollen but not at all bad, the small cut is deep but it's only about an inch big.

"Don't apologize, I was the one that fell off the bed." He winces as I clean his cheek.

"But it was my phone that rang." I say.

"Fucking Slater." He grunts.

"Be nice, we're all going over to his place at 5."

"Like hell we will-"

"Knoxville! Stop it okay? He's my friend." I chastise him. He breathes and looks away, poking his tongue against the inside of his mouth. I've noticed he does this when he's annoyed but knows I'm right, and there's nothing he can do about it.

"Okay, okay. We'll all go." I smile and take a bandaid, putting it on his cheek.

"I don't need a fucking bandaid." He says, trying to pull away but I am much quicker.

"It'll get gross, leave it on." I say. He rolls his eyes and nods like a child.

I peck his lips quickly. He put his hands on my shoulders.

"Morning." He says, our foreheads touching.

"Morning." I smile. 

------

A/N: tiny chapter sorry! I like this one though. happy summer! :) anyone have any fun plans for the summer?