CHAPTER TWENTY NINE

MADDY:

"Alright Maddy, you can stay in here for the time being. You have your computer right?" Jeff says, bringing me into a little office room. I nod and sit down on the fluffy couch. "Alright well, I'll leave you to it. Write well!" he says, running out of the room and shutting the door.

I start typing away until the door opens and scares the shit out of me. I let out a squeal and put my hand on my heart.

"Knox, you scared the shit out of me."

"Sorry Mouse, are you comfortable here?" He says sitting next to me.

"Yeah, it's nice and quiet." I say leaning my head on his shoulder. He kisses the side of my head and hums.

"Well, I just wanted to come check on you, we're starting soon." He said standing up. I grow anxious.

"Johnny please be careful." I plead.

"Don't worry Mouse, I'll be fine. Stay here okay?" He says and I nod. He kisses my lips sweetly and exits the room. I continue typing my article.

After about an hour, I'm finally done writing my article. I think it reads really well. I really captured how fun it is to live with the guys. I close my computer and look around pointlessly. There's a mini fridge that I raided minutes ago. That's pretty much it. I could watch a movie, sure, I'll do that. I started playing Clueless on my computer. This is literally my comfort movie. I place the computer on the coffee table and lay down on the couch.

KNOXVILLE:

We're about halfway done with the stunt when we have a small break. I decided to check on Mads to see if she needs anything. I walk into the office room and find Maddy all cuddled up on the couch sleeping. How can someone sleep so much? It's actually impressive to me, considering I don't get a lot of sleep. She's watching Clueless and I chuckle at her choice of movie. I close her computer and grab a blanket. Covering her body with it. I'm so happy to see her finally gaining healthy weight, she doesn't look so brittle and sick anymore. She's glowing. I place a kiss on her forehead and she hums subconsciously.

MADDY:

"Maddy, hey." I feel someone shaking me softly. It's Jeff.

"What time is it?" I ask him, he checks his watch.

"It's 5:30. PJ asked me to come get you so we can leave." He says.

"Are you guys done? Is he hurt?" I say frantically, standing up and rubbing my eyes.

"No Maddy, he's helping Kosick pack everything up." he says, immediately calming me down. Apparently the stunt went great, Johnny took a couple hits but nothing major. I doubt he didn't hurt himself but after all, it's what they do everyday.

"Mouse!" Johnny catches my attention. I run up to him and give him a hug and a quick peck.

"How did it go? Are you hurt?" I say, grabbing his arms and inspecting his body.

"I'm fine baby, we got a lot of footage though. It looks sick." He says, carrying my computer for me. "You wanna get room service at the hotel and watch a movie or something?" I nod eagerly.

...

"They would both fit on that door. There's no way only she fits." Johnny says, eating the last barbecue rib.

"Johnny the whole point is that he sacrificed himself for her and he's trying to comfort her until the end." I chastise him. He has been critiquing the whole 3 hours of Titanic.

"Still, it's stupid."

"You're just butthurt because I said Leo Dicaprio was the hottest guy ever." I point out.

"I'm way hotter." He says, crossing his arms. I reach for my glass of water and take a sip. "Plus, who's dick on you are your knees for?" I spit out my water and choke slightly.

"Knox you pig!"

"Hey I'm just saying!" He laughs and raises his hands up in defense. I yawn and rub my eyes. "Are you tired already? It's only like 9:30." Johnny says checking his watch.

"No no I'm fine, let's finish the movie." I am exhausted. My eyes keep trying to close but I feel bad leaving Johnny awake so early. I know he won't be able to sleep well.

"Mads, you're falling asleep, let's turn the TV off and you can sleep." I turn to look at him, too tired to object.

"I'm sorry." I say.

"For what baby?" Knox says chuckling.

"I feel bad that I sleep all the time, I just have no energy in me. And I know you won't be able to sleep."

"It's okay Mads, don't be sorry. I have to do some work anyways so I can just do that until I'm tired okay?" I nod and close my eyes. Feeling his fingers rub circles on my arm.

KNOXVILLE:

When I noticed that Maddy fell asleep, which didn't take long at all, I softly got out of bed to work on some emails I had. I sat at the desk in the other room. I got the biggest suite since there are two of us staying here. I start going through the emails for a couple hours. I work with my glasses on since the light hurts my eyes at night. I must have gotten lost in my work load when I felt Maddy's hands on my chest. She's standing behind me quietly. She rubs my shoulders and speaks.

"Baby, come back to bed." She says in the cutest tired voice.

"I'm almost done Mads." I really need to get this done or Tremaine's gonna be on my ass tomorrow.

"Johnny it's two AM, come to bed please."

"Maddy! I need this done!" I snap. Fuck. She doesn't speak, just removes her hands from me and walks away. I think I hear her sniffle once or twice. Shit, I didn't mean to snap, she was just trying to be sweet. Fuck my temper dude. She actually disrupted her sleep to stand up and come get me into bed and I snapped at her.

I take my glasses off and rub my eyes, sighing strongly. I quickly finish the last email and close my computer. I walk back towards the room and take a deep breath to calm myself down. Maddy's laying on her side with her back to the door. I can hear her sniffle softly. I get into bed behind her and hug her close.

"Maddy I'm sorry." I whisper into her hair. She sniffles again and moves to push me away from her. "I got carried away and I was stressed. You were doing a nice thing for me and I really appreciate it, and I'm so sorry for snapping at you. Forgive me please?" I say again. She stops sniffling and turns around to me, I catch a glimpse of her teary eyes. "I'm sorry baby." I say for good measure.

"It's fine Johnny, I forgive you." She's too nice to me.

"Kissy?" I say then pout my lips. She smiles and kisses me softly. She cuddles into my arms and we end up falling asleep quickly. 

----

A/N: what a meanie