CHAPTER SIXTY THREE

MADDY:

"Knoxville I really need you here okay?" I say into the phone.

"Yeah yeah, I'll be there soon." He says and hangs up.

We've been at Slater's place for about 2 hours now. It's Bam, Dunn, me and the rest of the crew. I'm glad everyone could make it including Spike and Jeff. They love Slater and we're all having a great time too.

Bam took some warming up to like Slater but once he saw the half pipe in his garage, he was compliant and happy. Everyone's a couple beers and drinks in except Slater and I.

"Asshole." I mutter under my breath. Right as I do, Bam skates past me and stops.

"What's up?" He asks, picking up his board and putting it behind his head on his shoulders, stretching his back out.

"Knoxville." I say, annoyed.

"He's not coming?"

"He says he is, but he's been saying that for two hours. I really wanted him here and he's not." I complain, sitting down and grabbing another slice of pizza.

"Don't sweat it Mads, come sit with the rest of us." He guides me to the table, wrapping his arms around my shoulders.

"Maddie! Have some pizza!" Steve O yells drunkenly.

"No thanks, I'm not very hungry." I laugh at his drunken manner.

"C'mon Mads, have some." Jeff says kindly. I oblige and take the plate from him.

...

"Bye! Thank you so much for coming." Slater says as he walks all the guys out. They all pile into a huge van, probably headed to the hotel they are staying at.

"Maddy, are you sure you don't want a ride?" Pontius says.

"That's alright, I'll take her home." Slater responds before I could even say anything.

I went inside to help pick up and throw the trash out as a car pulled up.

"Speak of the devil." I mutter. "Hey I'm gonna head out, Knoxville's here." I tell Slater, who is yawning already.

"Yeah I'm gonna go to bed but let me know if you need anything." He responds.

I walk out into the driveway, not even mad at this point, I'm too tired to be mad. An ashamed looking Knoxville gets out of the car and smiles at me.

"Hi baby." He grabs my waist, leaning in to kiss me. I dodge his kiss by moving my head away and he exhales softly.

"I'm sorry, I got caught up in something." he says.

"PJ just drive me home."

"Oh c'mon sweets, don't be mad at your boyfriend. I got caught up in something for you. I promise it'll be worth it. I'm sorry I didn't come to the get-together, I really am." He rambles, holding onto my hands and kissing my cheeks, making me giggle.

"Alright, alright!" I say, squirming away.

"Do you love me still? Do you forgive me at all?" He fake cries.

"Take me home!" I laugh out loud but he doesn't budge.

"Please Maddy! Forgive me!" He says, laughing along with me.

"Take me home or I'll tell Slater to take me home." I grin. He immediately stops joking around and looks at me sternly.

"How is pretty-boy anyways." He says, opening the car door for me.

"He's fine, we had fun, no thanks to you." I mumble the last bit.

"You wouldn't have had fun if I was there, I promise." He says, starting the car.

"That was the whole point! For you guys to start getting along!" I chastise.

"Alright, alright, next time okay?" He says. I nod and listen to the soft music playing the whole ride home.

----

A/N: new chapter yay! thank you for bearing with me.