CHAPTER NINETEEN

MADDY:

I'm sitting in the tour bus lounge with my feet up on the couch, listening to music when Johnny comes in. He opens the sliding door and startles me a bit.

"Hey Mouse." He chuckles, sitting next to me. "I wanted to talk to you about something if that's okay." He says nervously.

"Yeah sure, what's up?" I say taking my headphones off and paying full attention to him.

"How long were you and Grant together for?" He notices my nervousness right away and continues. "We don't have to talk about this if you don't want to I-"

"No, it's okay." I assure him. "We were together for about 2 and a half years."

"Woah, was he always like this?" he asks wearily. I shake my head softly.

"No, he was very sweet at first. We met in college, it was our last year there and he asked me out on a date." I smile at the nice memory. "We dated for about six months and everything was perfect. I was so happy." I lower my head to hide my teary eyes. Johnny puts his hand on my knee and rubs soothing circles. I take a breath and continue. "About six months in, he asked me to move in with him, he had just gotten a house and I was so in love. I said I would. That's when everything started." A cry from my lips cut me off.

"That's enough Mads." Johnny says worriedly. I shake my head.

"He had anger issues, he had a stressful job and I guess I was the first thing he attacked when he got home. If I wasn't there he would either trash the place or get drunk and end up in a bar fight." This made Johnny take a breath for a minute.

"Did you tell anyone about him, your parents?" He asked and I took a quick pause.

"My parents died when I was little." I said quietly. He immediately regretted saying anything.

"Maddy, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to bring it up." he says apologetically.

"Thanks Johnny. I was raised by my grandmother but she passed away when I went to college. So I lived alone in my dorm room until I moved in with Grant." I told Johnny, who was very close to me at this point.

"Thank you for opening up to me, I know how difficult it can be." Johnny said. I nodded and leaned my head on his shoulder. He kissed the top of my head which felt familiar to me for some reason. We laid there and listened to Fleetwood Mac as we entered LA.

----

A/N: Hey! Just kind of a short, context chapter. Thanks for all the votes and comments. I love reading them!