CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

MADDY:

I open my eyes slowly and wince. Fuck my head hurts. What the fuck happened yesterday. I remember talking to Dunn and Bam about Johnny. Then Bam got all mad and went to beat Johnny up. Then Dunn and I got some drinks and then it's all a blur. 

I raise my hand and see that it's all bandaged up. What the fuck happened to my hand? Whose room am I in? My confusion is cut short by a freshly showered Knoxville coming out of the bathroom. He's wearing a t-shirt that says "Jeff sux" and his usual pair of Dickies with his usual pair of Chucks and his usual pair of Ray-Bans.

"Oh hey Mads, you're up." He says, walking up to me. He hands me a glass of water and 2 advils.

"What the fuck happened?" I say, gulping down the water and painkillers.

"Well I went to talk to you after Bam punched me but found you drunk off your ass with Dunn. You punched a window and got annoying as fuck. But I took care of ya." He shrugs.

"Wow, sounds like I had a wild night." I say patting his chest. I catch the way he winces softly. What? I poke at his chest and he holds my hand to stop me. I look at him suspiciously and grab the bottom of his shirt to lift it up. He stops me from doing that too.

"Stop it Maddy." He says.

"Let me see please." I lift up his shirt to find a couple purple bruises on his chest. "Did Bam do this?" I question, running my fingers on the bruises.

"No, he only did my face." He says, looking at the ground. Realization hits me.

"D-Did I do this?" I ask in horror, my eyes tearing up.

"N-no Mads I-" He tries to lie but I know the truth.

"Knox don't lie to me, did I do this?" I say and he nods softly, almost looking embarrassed to admit it. I immediately blurt out apologies and tears.

"Maddy, it's fine, I let you do it. You were angry at me and I deserved it." He says.
"No Johnny! You don't! I'm so sorry!" I say frantically.

"Hey, Mouse, it's fine, nothing I can't handle. You know that." He says brushing my tears away. He pauses and leans in to kiss me. I'm not gonna kiss him until he explains himself.

"Knox-"

"I'm sorry for walking out on you. It was a dick move, especially after we had such an intimate moment. I'm not like that. I had the best night with you and I was just scared." he explains himself.

"Scared? About what?"

"I am an angry person, Mads, I have punched so many people that don't deserve it. I don't trust myself to be around you if I get like that. I don't want to be another Grant." He says the last part very softly.

"Johnny, you are not like Grant. You are sweet, caring and handsome. I trust you and you should too. I know you would never hurt me and now I feel horrible for hurting you yesterday. You didn't deserve it and I couldn't be more sorry about it. Could we just forgive each other and move past it?" I look at him with hopeful eyes. He nods and smiles.

"I would like that very much, Maddy. I-" He hesitates, then continues. "I like you a lot Maddy." He says nervously. My heart races and gets to the finish line quicker than I can say my next words.

"I like you too Johnny." I say with a smile. He smiles and leans in. Our lips connect and our teeth clash because we can't help but smile into the kiss. We pull away, laughing.

"How about this. Go get your stuff and come stay with me here?" Knoxville suggests. I nod eagerly. That is a great idea.

"I have to go tell Bam and Dunn!" I peck his lips and run away towards their room. I can hear Knox laughing from all the way in the hallway. I'm happy.

----

A/N: ahhhh yesss so happy! sorry for the late update, I was traveling all day. not that ya'll care. LOVE YA!