CHAPTER ONE

MADDY: 

I wake up. The side of my face was burning and a little wet. I rub my cheekbone with my fingers. It stings like fire and I regain the focus on my eyes to see the crimson tint of my fingers. I can't keep waking up like this. I have to get out. That is what I always say.

I burst open the medicine cabinets only to find out that Grant had taken out all the band-aids and first aid supplies. Fucking psycho. I need to get out. But for now, the only place I can go will have to be CVS. As I walked to the CVS, I contemplated what my life could be like if I had a car. I could get away forever, start fresh. Leave Sacramento and move to LA, at least. Maybe I could go even further than that.

Walking into the medicine aisle, I look for the supplies I need. I always get nervous when I have to buy these things, especially with a black eye and a cut on my cheekbone. Those which are covered by my hoodie, hopefully. I grab the essentials; bandages, Neosporin, Advil's. I look over to my left and reach for a Plan B. Just in case something happened while I was unconscious, which wouldn't surprise me.

I have finally been here for too long so I rush to the cash register and pay. The clerk gives me a strange look but I rush to the bathroom before she can say anything. My head spins as I close the bathroom door. Maybe I shouldn't be taking this pill without breakfast, or dinner, and having received quite the beating last night. Fuck it.

Again, you might think I am used to this. And sadly, I am. But it feels worse every time. I am usually a very sentimental person, some call me overly sensitive. As I finally let everything sink in, I am crying in the fucking CVS bathroom. This is so lame, I wish this wouldn't happen to me. Sobs rip open my chest and I can't contain myself anymore. I burst out of the bathroom, ready to go home, if I can even call it that. Before I can get to the exit, I crash into someone. I look up with helpless teary eyes to see a man. That is the last thing I see before everything goes black.

-----

A/N:

First chapter! I'll post the second and third in a couple minutes.