CHAPTER FIFTY THREE

MADDY:

I wake up to PJ shaking me and rocking me back and forth.

"Mads, Mads, hey Mads." He says with fear in his voice.

"Knoxville stop that hurts." I groaned in a sleepy voice and shrugged him off, closing my eyes again.

"Honey, um- you're um.." He stirs me again.

"What??" I groan and turn around. He's standing up and leaning over to my side of the bed. No shirt on his body and he's just in his boxers. He has his glasses on but I can tell he just woke up too.

"You're bleeding Mads!" He says a little louder. The fuck?

I look down at my legs and see the inside of my thighs tainted with a bit of blood, leaking down onto the white sheets.

"Oh shit. Knoxville out!" I say while standing up. This is embarrassing.

"Maddy, let me help you!" He says, reaching out to help me off the bed.

"Don't touch me!" I say panicked. He immediately retracts his hand and puts it behind his back. His eyes filled with pain and regret. He hasn't been around for a while, he doesn't know how jumpy and sensitive I tend to get in the mornings.

I cover myself with the edge of the duvet and inhale slowly.

"Sorry, can you please give me a minute to sort this out?" I say calmly while taking the sheet off the bed.

"Let me help, please baby." He says, lifting the other edge of the sheet.

"PJ no, it's gross, I'll take care of it." I say, my eyes tearing up. I'm so embarrassed.

"Maddy, it's not gross, it's natural. Now please, I'll take care of this. Go take a shower okay?" He says, walking towards me and kissing my head.

"Johnny, are you sure? I can just go and-"

"I got it." He interrupts me and smiles softly. I breathe out a quick thank you and an unnecessary apology. He kisses my lips softly and I head towards the bathroom.

KNOXVILLE:

I could tell Maddy was really embarrassed about this situation. I watched as her bright red face looked at me in horror and knew I had to help her out. I'm ripping out my best boyfriend skills and helping her. I don't mind it at all, I grew up with a sister so this is not new to me. I'm not the most experienced in handling girls on their period but how hard can it be?

I quickly took the sheet off the bed and went into the living room. The laundry room is just across the hall from her apartment. Right as I walk out, Bam walks into the apartment.

"Honey I'm home!" Bam says with a funny voice, closing the corner of his mouth as he usually does.

"Sup Bam, what you doin' around here so early?" I ask him.

"Nothing much, just thought I'd swing by, see how Mads is doing and have breakfast with y'all." He shrugs and closes the door behind him.

He observes me as I open the door again and quirks his eyebrow.

"Laundry day?" He questions.

"Maddy got her period and bled on the sheets, I'm washing 'em." I said, walking across the hall into the laundry room.

"Dude, that's minging." He scrunches his face in disgust.
"Shut up Bam." I say rolling my eyes and dropping the sheet into the washing machine. I start it up and walk back to the apartment. "She was really embarrassed so don't be an asshole." I warned him. He knows better.