CHAPTER SIXTEEN

MADDY:

It's been about a week since the riot control incident. I haven't seen Johnny much but I have been bonding with the rest of the guys. The closest I'm with are definitely Jeff, Bam and Ryan, but also Chris and Steve O. The whole crew is so nice to me it's overwhelming. I don't have any friends because Grant would never let me go out basically, so this is nice for a change.

We have been planning what to do with my situation and we concluded that today I am going back to my house to pack my stuff and get out. Then I'll just be living on the road with the guys until I can find an apartment. I've been doing some writing here and there for the guys, mostly emails and stuff like that but it has been keeping me busy. I feel part of the family now and I am definitely coming out of my shell. I haven't been to any of the stunts anymore for obvious reasons.

"I'll drive you in the van with Bam and Dunn to help you carry your stuff in, we can leave in a couple minutes." Jeff says to me. I nod my head in agreement.

"However, I would like for you to go up to PJ's room and let him have a look at your stitches, I think they might be healed." Jeff says and I groan.

"He hasn't talked to me much. I think he's mad at me." I say, whining like a child.

"Nonsense, go up there." Jeff says with a smile on his face.

"Fine!" I stand up and head to Knoxville's room.

KNOXVILLE:

I'm sitting watching TV when I hear a knock on my door. I stand up to see who it is and it is probably the last person I want to see, who am I kidding, it's the only person I want to see. I have been avoiding Maddy because I freaked out when I knew that I like her. I haven't liked anyone like I like her.

"Knoxville." She says. Shit, I'm in trouble.

"Hey Mouse." I say with a small smile.

"You have been avoiding me." She says as she walks into my room. She's getting feisty.

"Migraines have been keeping me up lately, I've been in a shit mood." I respond and notice how her feisty mood dies and she looks guilty that she gave me attitude.

"Sorry." There's my shy girl.

"No need. What's up?"

"Jeff wants you to check my stitches, he thinks they might be healed." She says, looking at me.

"Hop up, let's have a look." I pat the dresser. She walks towards me and I hold her hips to give her an impulse so she can sit on top of the dresser. She weighs nothing I swear.

"You haven't been eating well Mads." I say as I open the curtains, letting the daylight in. I squint my eyes and walk back towards her.

"I haven't been hungry, Knox." She says with an attitude. She hands me my Ray-Bans and I put them on.

"Thanks. Still, you should eat." I say with my hands flat on the table on each side of her hips. She just takes a deep breath and reminds me what she's here for. I chuckle at her annoyance.

"Yeah, these look good to me, I can take them out if you want." I say as I hold her face in my hand. She nods. I go to grab the small medical scissors and the tweezers. "So, what are you up to today?" I ask from the bathroom.

"I uh- I'm going back to the house to get my stuff." She says hesitantly. I freeze immediately. She's going back to that house? With that fucking psycho? Fuck that. I walk back out and start cutting the stitches on her face and pulling them out. When I'm done, I pat her legs and help her off the dresser.

"The scar won't be too noticeable in a couple months." I tell her.

"Thanks Johnny." She says as she starts to walk out. I follow her out to the lobby.

"What are you doing?" She curves her eyebrow.

"Mouse, you're crazy if you actually think I'm gonna let you go to that psycho's house alone."

"I'm not going alone." She says proudly.

"Oh yeah?" I humor her.

"Yeah, Dunn and Bam are coming with me." She says.

"Dunn the pussy and Bam with the bruised jaw? I don't think so. I'm coming." I say with a chuckle, getting into the elevator with her.

"You're such an asshole by the way, why would you punch Bam!" She says punching my side. Her lame excuse of a punch didn't even make me blink.

"He deserved it." I brush it off casually. She just shakes her head in disbelief.

Jeff was waiting for us with Bam and Dunn in the van, he saw me and smiled.

"Couldn't shake him off?" Jeff asks Maddy.

"He insisted." She says, lifting her arms up in protest. I smile with triumph and she huffs and rolls her eyes. Feisty.

-----

A/N: Our girl Maddy is coming out of her shell a little!