SEPTEM

avery and billie pack their bags as the clock turns 8pm. both of them enjoyed each other's company and billie was very excited about going back next week.

billie can't believe avery was so, chill. she didn't judge billie for anything, and she was so kind. not what billie expected, maybe she's actually perfect. or not maybe, she is.

the girls walk together as they reach the rest of the group. mika's eyes burn into billie's skull as they walk over to her, but she gives billie a smile.

billie knew she had seen mika somewhere, but she couldn't think of where. maybe she was in her class or something?

the others start talking, and avery finds herself talking to atlas. he tells her about his opinion of the book so far, and that he's excited to read the rest.

billie tries to concentrate, she hasn't ticked all day. and she surely doesn't wanna start now. what would happen then? would avery leave her side only because of her ticks?

the more billie thought about it the worse it got, and before she knew it her head snapped in the other direction, her eyes following.

she quickly collects herself, pulling her soft hoodie over her head. but she wasn't quick enough. someone saw it, probably the worst person in this room.

"now i know where i know you from, you're the ticking girl!" the room went quiet and everyone looked at billie. she felt her heart beat in her chest, it felt like she was gonna faint. "you're a nerd and a weirdo! my day is only getting better"

billie felt like she was gonna cry, how could she just scream that out loud? maybe coming here was a mistake, she should have stayed at home.

home, where it's safe. and people don't judge her, or try to make her feel little. shit, she should never have come here. how could she be so stupid? she knew it was a mistake.

"shut your dry ass up mika" billie looked at the floor, but she knew that voice everywhere. it was avery. why would she stick up for billie?

"is your day really getting better because you're making fun of someone? is that how boring your life is? not only do you have a dry ass pussy, but you're a bully too? and why are you even here? you don't even like reading!"

"you know that's the wettest i've ever gotten and you were proud of me!"

"the wettest you've ever gotten? you were drier than sahara!"

avery exploded.

today has been one of the worst days in her life, and billie made it better for 2 hours. and now someone is making fun of her? she can't have that.

mika looked shocked, what did she think? that avery would allow her to bully her new friend in front of her. no.

mika huffed, rolling her eyes. "she's a fucking retard" avery clenched her fist, what does mika think she's doing?

avery's eyes drifted over to billie, a single tear rolling down her cheek. she hurt billie. she hurt billie. no one hurts her friends.

before mika could think about what she should say next, avery's fist punched her in the face. avery's heart was pounding, her eyes were red.

mika fell to the ground, and avery felt the blood on her knuckles. her and avery's eyes met, the blue haired girl saw the blood on her face, and for some reason she was shocked? what did she even think she did?

"don't talk shit about my friend" just then the shock hit billie. avery just called her, my friend. she was avery's friend. she had a friend.

avery's hand went around billie's shoulder, taking them both out of the library. billie felt the warmth from avery, billie noted she smelled really good.

"thank you" billie sniffs as avery closes the library door. the girls look at each other, avery sees the dried tears on billie's cheek, her blue eyes, and her rosy cheeks.

billie looks up at the taller girl, how her blue hair falls so perfectly on her shoulders, how her green eyes look so perfect on her face.

the taller girl smiles at her. billie felt the warmth of her fingers as she dried the tears off billie's cheeks. billie smiles at her, mumbling another "thank you"

"i'm so sorry she did that to you, don't listen to her okay? you're perfect, and you're not a weirdo or a retard"

"you don't think i'm weird because of my tourette's?"

avery smiles at her, "no i don't."