QUATTUORDECIM

billie hasn't seen avery since yesterday, and it's now lunchtime. she didn't see her before any classes, but she also didn't have any classes with avery before lunch.

the brunette walks into the cafeteria, her eyes glued to the floor. eye contact was something billie hated, she just couldn't do it. she hated everything with it.

well except for with avery.

before she goes to sit where she always does, her phone vibrated in her pocket. "look up princess, and get your ass over here" billie blushed as she saw avery's name across the scream.

when the girls eyes finally left the floor, she met avery's eyes right away. for the first time in history avery didn't wear shorts to school, she wore sweatpants.

black sweatpants actually, a purple crop top that matched her hair and formed her chest perfectly, with a jacket over.

billie smiles, walking over to her. the brunette also sees that avery isn't sitting alone. she's with some of her friends, which isn't shocking.

the small girl approaches avery, taking the seat beside her. there were way too many people around for billie to count, because then she would have to look at them.

the seat is cold, but she's sitting beside avery so she doesn't care. "how was you morning?" avery whispers to her, a smile across her lips.

"good" billie whispered back, "how was yours?" avery sees that mika is making her way over here, and she fucking hate her for that.

"good" avery lied, smiling at billie.

"excuse me? you're sitting at my spot" billie's head turns to mika, her hair is up in a messy bun, her shirt so far down you can see half of her tits.

before billie can respond, avery pulls the smaller girl over to her lap. "problem solved" billie felt her cheeks go red, she was sitting on her lap, in public.

billie had a girlfriend before, but she was so ashamed of billie being her girlfriend that she didn't want to be seen in public with her. that's why it's so surprising for the smaller girl that avery doesn't care.

mika huffs, but takes the seat beside avery. billie leaned into avery, resting her head on the taller girl's shoulder.

"your girlfriend or?" some girl across the table asked, she wore a lot of jewelry, and had her hair down on her shoulders.

"nah, we're just friends," the girl raised an eyebrow. she clearly didn't believe avery, she never acted like this with anyone. not even her friends. no one had ever had their butt on avery's lap.

"what's your name?" a brown skin girl asked billie, avery thought she was the kindest. she always cared for everyone and didn't judge.

"her name is the ticking girl" mika snickered, some girls realized who billie was. but no one laughed with mika.

"her name is billie" avery's hand strokes billie's cheek, turning billie's head up to her. "don't listen to her" billie heard the whisper of avery's voice, so angelic.

the smaller girl laid her head on avery's chest, the others held a conversation while billie stayed silent. she wasn't good with people, let alone talking to them.

"how did you end up with the ticking girl avery? is your standards really that low?" avery rested her head on billie's head, her hand softly going through billie's soft hair.

"they're not low, why do you think i haven't been in a relationship in forever? and for one, we're not together, second, if i got with you they would definitely be low"

mika kissed her teeth, looking away to talk to someone else. it was weird for billie that avery actually stood up for her from time to time.

"nah but for real, how did you guys end up together?" billie didn't know who asked, she didn't really care either. she was with avery, where she wanted to be.

"faith i guess"

"that's so cliché" avery snickers at her friends response, wrapping her arms around the girl on her lap.

"did you see claudia today?" the blue haired girl asks, she hadn't seen claudia all day, which is kind of weird.

"bitch i'm right here" claudia looks as perfect as ever. even though avery wasn't attracted to claudia, she wasn't gonna deny the fact that her best friend is one of the prettiest girls here.

"and where have you been all day?" claudia leans her back against the wall, standing beside avery. claudia smirks as she sees billie in her lap.

"the dentist remember?" avery shook her head, claudia may have told her, but she simply couldn't remember.

"good to see you and billie are getting along" claudia smirks again, looking at the girls. she didn't even realize that she was the one who made them met each other until now. even though she didn't say anything.

"claudia, we're just friends" her best friend raises an eyebrow at her. "just friends? yesterday you two cuddled all day"

"what?!" mika's voice was heard in the background, but avery didn't care. she looked at her best friend, "just friends"

"i give you guys a month"