DUODECIM

"so you're the girl billie can't stop talking about?" maggie teases, taking a spoonful of soup to her lips. so far dinner went fantastic. avery sat beside billie and claudia, with finneas to claudia's left.

billie felt a light blush appear on her cheeks, she kept quiet as avery talked to her mother. she hadn't directly told her mother she had a crush on her girl, but maggie knew her. she knew billie had one.

"she's very smart" claudia winks at patrick, avery rolls her eyes. she didn't try to impress billie's parents, why would she need to do that?

she was simply just talking to them, "and sporty" avery gives claudia a death steer. what is claudia trying to do?

"do you play any sports?" patrick smiles, even though he knows the answer. billie couldn't shut up about avery, so of course he knew she playes basketball.

"yeah, i play basketball. my dad got me into it actually, i've played it since i was 3" avery liked that time, even though she wasn't good at all at the age of 3, she got to spend time with her father.

she loved being with him, he was always so funny. he makes the best cupcakes, and always has ice cream in his freezer.

"he seems like a nice guy" maggie smiles, continuing to eat her soup. avery nods her head, "the best" billie never had never heard anything about avery's family, but she adored the way she talked about her dad.

the rest of dinner went magnificent. they talked for hours, getting to know each other better. maggie's soup tasted very good, same with the cinnamon rolls she had made for dessert.

billie drags avery up to her room again, as dinner is over. the clock turns 8pm as avery and billie go into the smaller girls room again.

"um-" billie starts, she feels her cheeks grow hot. the brunette knew what she wanted, but she was still scared to ask.

"can we cuddle?" the taller girl smiled at her, but she didn't say anything. instead she laid down on billie's bed, opening her arms.

"come here princess" billie's cheeks reden, as she makes her way over to the girl in her bed. billie takes the covers with her, pulling them over her as she lays down on avery's chest.

"i'm tired" billie sighs, burring her head in the crook of avery's neck. the taller girl's nails find billie's hair, as she slowly starts to stroke it.

"me too princess" a yawn leaves avery's lips, holding the smaller girl tight in her arms. "let's take a nap" billie nods her head, arms wrapping around avery's body.

-

after some hours of sleeping, avery woke up by the sound of her vibrating phone. billie was asleep in her arms, her head buried deep in her chest, soft snores coming out of her mouth.

avery smiled at the adorable girl in her arms, her fingers going through her soft hair. if she could, she would stay like this forever.

the phone vibrated again, she didn't want to go home. it was so much better at billie's house. everything was better. she didn't want to leave.

with a sigh from her lips she pulled out her phone

lucy

hii, where are u?
sent: 6:37

are you at dads?
sent: 7:53

dad said he knew where you are but he won't tell me, are you on drugs?
sendt: 8:07

is this because of what happened?
sent: 8:11

can you come home?
sent: 9:34

jack is up my ass, come home
sent: 9:55

avery i mean it, come home.
sent: 10:26

come home please
sent: 10:27

hey sorry, i told mom before i left, thought she told you

she didn't, i even asked her she didn't know, are you sure you told her?

yeah i did, i literally told her i'm going to a friends house

oh okay, when will you be home? i was worried

yeah sorry about that, i can come home now if you'd like?

yeah please

did anything happen?

what? no. i just don't wanna be alone with jack

where is mom and stephan?

at a party

on a sunday?

yup, come home

shouldn't jack be asleep?

he is asleep, i don't know what to do if he wakes up

you fix the problem and get him to bed again

just come home

okay okay shit
read: 10:37

avery often thought that lucy was the only one to notice when she was gone. and this proves her theory right.

her mom didn't even care where she was, she even told her where she went before leaving. she rolls her eyes at the thought.

avery softly lays billie on the bed, tucking the covers around the sleeping girl. the tall girl walks over to billie's desk, writing her a note. the note wasn't long, but hopefully billie would wake up with a smile on her face.

she took the red lipstick in her pocket, avery took the red lipstick on her lips, leaving a kiss on the note after her name. she always did this, for some reason.

avery's soft lips leave a kiss on billie's forehead, before she walks out of billie's room, and made her way home.