Five

Demi

The next day at school, it seemed everyone's eyes were on me. Nick avoided me for the most part but we have the same circle of friends. It seemed a lot of them were on Nick's side. I had suddenly become the school whore. There were even rumours flying around that this wasn't Nick's baby, it was obvious who started that rumour. A lot of them seemed to think the baby was Odell's too. It made me wonder if maybe my friendship with Odell sometimes looked romantic, it made me more aware of the way we were with each other. It made me think things I never have before. Thankfully, Jasmine didn't believe the rumours and her relationship with Odell was fine. It seemed though that every time they kissed, it repulsed me. These sudden new feelings have made me very confused.

It was a week later that I had my first appointment with my OB, Dr Hendricks. By the date of my last period, she placed me at 6 weeks and 4 days and booked me in for my first ultrasound in 4 weeks. It seemed like so far away at the time. I want nothing more than to see my unborn baby.

Dallas managed to convince her manager to hire me and I started the same week as my appointment. It wasn't the greatest pay but it was enough for me to save up for the baby. I kept looking at cribs and strollers online, pricing up what I'd need to save to have everything for them. Everything that I earn goes straight into a savings account for baby.

The hardest part about everything is the way that I'm treated at school. It's like I'm suddenly a different person. I no longer feel comfortable stepping through the school gates. The thought of it makes me sick to my stomach. It takes a lot to convince myself to get ready in the morning. There are even some mornings where I've had a panic attack in the car on the way and Odell's had to calm me down. It's got to the point where I've suggested being homeschooled. The school can send me my work and I'll do it at home. It did take a lot to convince my parents and Mr Fitz that it was for the best. It isn't good for my mental health to keep going into school and it isn't good for my baby's health either. I don't just have myself to think about anymore. I have a little baby growing inside me, relying on me to remain sane.

There was unfortunately nobody free to come with me to my ultrasound appointment so I'd psyched myself up to go alone. I admired my tiny bump in the mirror of my closet, lightly caressing it with my finger before I got dressed. I only threw on a pair of leggings and an oversized shirt. There's no point in overdressing. I headed downstairs and went to order myself an Uber but was stopped by a gentle knock on the front door. I was surprised to find Odell stood on my front porch.

"Shouldn't you be at school?" I questioned, my eyebrows raised slightly as his lips twitched at the corners.

"I don't like that you're going to this appointment by yourself" I bit down on my lip as I shrugged. My stomach instantly filled with butterflies. That's been happening a lot more recently when Odell's around. "And before you say anything about me skipping school, don't bother cause it's too late. I already did it" my lips twitched into a light smile.

"You-You really wanna come to my appointment with me?"

"Gotta see my little niece or nephew, ain't I?" I glanced down at my stomach that was slightly poking into my shirt. "You ready or not?" I nodded as I smiled up at him.

"I'm ready" I slid my feet into my sneakers and then headed down the path with him. The music played quietly through the radio as Odell drove. My hand remained on my stomach the entire time. I checked in for my appointment once we got there and waited with Odell in the waiting area. There were other women there, some further along in their pregnancies. There was one lady who had her partner beside her, his hand settled on her tummy. It made my heart sting for a moment as I glanced down at my stomach. They aren't going to have their father around, he doesn't want anything to do with them. He doesn't even believe that this baby is his.