Twenty Five

Demi

"Why are you doing this again, D?" I rolled my eyes at Dallas as I pulled my dress over my head.

"Because I'm his girlfriend and he wants me to meet his parents" I shrugged, not even entirely sure myself why I'm doing this. They aren't cool with teen parents, which I am.

"His parents sound like great people" I released a breath, glancing back at Dallas who had Riley settled on her hip. The sarcasm in her voice was obvious. I didn't reply to her as I turned back to my mirror. "You spoke to Odell at all?"

"Nope. 3 days we haven't spoke, we've never gone that long without speaking even when we've been on vacation. I hate it" I pulled my dress down my body. It's a loose baby blue dress that's tight around my chest. It falls to just above my knee.

"You haven't even messaged him?"

"No, why should I?" I shrugged, glancing at her through the mirror. "He's the person with the problem. He can contact me" Dallas glanced to Riley who was sucking on her fingers as she remained on Dallas' hip and she watched me. "I'm gonna miss you, Jellybean" her lips twitched into a smile. She released a tired giggle as she lowered her head onto Dallas' shoulder. "Do I tell them I'm a teen parent today or not?"

"I wouldn't, Demi" I turned to face them, leaning to kiss Riley's cheek. She giggled and then rubbed at her eyes.

"Auntie Dal's gonna put you to bed, Beautiful. Momma's got a party to go to" I lightly caressed her cheek. "I love you so much" I slid my feet into my stilettos and then grabbed my clutch. I threw everything that I'd need into it and then headed out of my apartment. Dallas is staying over with Riley whilst I'm out. I'm so thankful to have a supportive family.

From Jace: I'm outside.

I stepped off the elevator, my eyes down on my phone so I ended up colliding into a hard chest.

"I-I'm so sorry" I stumbled away from them, glancing up to see that it was Odell. "Oh" my eyes moved to the blonde girl stood beside him. We stared at each other in silence, even my phone ringing in my hand couldn't pull my gaze off him.

"Come on, Baby" I jumped at the girl's high-pitched voice as she walked around me and into the elevator. "I've gotta be at work in an hour. You've gotta satisfy me before then" I swallowed down the lump in my throat and stepped out of his way. I released a breath and began towards the exit, completely ignoring the fact that I could feel his eyes burning holes into my back. So, he's now fucking whoever he wants.

I spotted Jace's car the instant I got outside. I played with my fingers, my stomach filling with butterflies. We haven't spoke in person since Tuesday night at the book store.

"Hi" I spoke as I pulled open the car door and I slid into his passenger seat, lowering my clutch to the floor.

"You look beautiful" my cheeks burnt. He lightly cupped my chin in his hand and turned me to face him. My lips twitched at the corners as he leant to kiss me. "I missed you" I softly laughed as he just continued to peck my lips.

"Jace, we're gonna be late."

"We won't be late, Baby" I bit down on my lip as his lips began to kiss along my jaw. His other hand moved to rest on my bare thigh. My entire body instantly tensed up.

"Mmm, stop" I gently pushed at his chest.

"Sorry" he muttered, falling back against the seat. I watched him as he started up the car, keeping his eyes out on the road as we pulled from the parking lot. "How've you been?" I jumped slightly at his voice. I half expected a quiet car ride after I rejected him. I nodded, relaxing back in my seat.