CH37.5. Who... What Are You?

Ruby POV:

I woke up with a migraine. Not a sugar one, I've built an immunity to those, it was just pain.

I got up and looked around myself. I was in some sort of wasteland. All that was around me was a dark desert with what looked like a ruins of a castle next to me.

Ahead, was a structure in the center of a ditch. It was a round arena looking thing. I decided that my first course of action was make sure there isn't anything trying to kill me, so I approached the round arena looking thing.

Once I got there, I felt a chill of fear go down my spine as I walked in. I used my semblance and dashed into the air on instinct to get out of trouble.

???: Stop being dramatic, Ms. Rose.

Le fack?

I looked down and saw a very, very large man standing right at the entrance that I walked in of.

How did he get there?

I set myself down and reached for my lower back out of instinct, and immediately panicked when I felt a lack of scythe. I decided to play cool and stare at the man.

He was tall, around a solid 8 feet and looked large enough to bench Beacon tower. He also had a large red hood casted over his face, but with eye holes poked into for sight. In terms of facial features, all I could note is his long gray beard.

And then there was the sword...

It was very big and broad. The edge was practically demolished, only leaving what looked like a think katana blade. It was also insanely rusted away with very concerning blood stains on it.

Weird sword: check

Barely human: check

In the middle of words end: check

Yeah, he was definitely from Y/n's world. I can't let him know that I know though, if he's an enemy I'm dead.

Ruby: Where am I...?

???: Drop the formalities, Ruby.

Ruby: How do you know my name?!

He sighed and raised his sword. I stepped back a bit, but he shook his head no and gestured for me to calm down. Once I did, he placed the broken blade in the sand and left it to stand upright.

???: My name is Slave Night Gael.

Ruby: Lovely parents, I bet.

Gael: You are definitely Summer's child.

That set off some major alarm.

Ruby: You know my mom?!

Gael: Who do you think started the cloak trend? This has been my fashion sense for years.

Ruby: How do you know my mom?

Gael: The same way you know my rival.

Ruby: You dated my mom?!

Gael: You're dating Y/n?!

Ruby: Yes!

Gael: No!

Ruby: Okay, back to the whole you now my mom part.

He sighed and took a seat next to his sword.

Gael: There we're multiple worlds in our world. The hellhole known as the real world, and the painted ones.

I eyed him suspiciously.

Ruby: The painted ones?

Gael: Yes, world's painted with magic and very powerful pygmy, or inc.