CHAPTER 40:The Saving

She never understand what happened to her,Her hands stops its twirling alongside her tweezers as she put the cloth aside.It wasnt the best hobby she had ever did but even if the place she were in looks like a paradise she knew this almost ethereal place was some kind of illusion to partly take her mind away from the gutter.

Since now and then someone would knock on the golden door and give her food,at first it was Sai who visited her and she had taken all her will power and thoughts about her belly to not punch him and kill him herself.

She had never been betrayed and loathed a man in her life.When she looks down at the patio she were sitting,in the midst of the colorful and expertly cutted lawns and bushes that forms like an animals,there was the pale man looking up ahead of her.

And she didnt hide her glare,his one eye glistening with something akin of guilt but by the lack of movement on his face proves that he isnt even feeling any kind of remorse right now.

And Sakura hated that,his right eye was bandage and by the words she had heard,he might have lost his right eyes sight.Leaving him with his only left eye.And Sakura thanked Rolo enough,of how she missed that cat.

Her sudden memory flashed through her and now that she realized,the every night she felt like something was massaging and comforting her was because of Rolo,and the cat protected her from him.

She just hope Rolo was in a good hands.

"Yes!Tobi will bring this auntie!!Thank you!!Muahh!"

"Master,p-please be careful..she-she isnt that fond of a s-stranger—"

"Ohh..hush auntie!Tobi will be okay,Tobi is good!And Tobi will let Sakura-chan like him!"

Sakura cuts her gaze from Sai,and left the veranda.Her stomach growled and she let's an amused laugh,before the door flapped open,her laughter died down.Replacing her hardened face.

A man taller than her waves at her with his gloves hand,the tray of food on his other hand.She cant decipher his expression but she's sure he is grinning and happily flapping his underarms in greeting.

"Sakura-chan!Tobi brought you your food!And for baby-chan also!Tobi Hope's you like it!"She ignored the suspicions on her mind before silently taking the food from his hand and giving him her back,as she grumbled in exasperation.

"Tobi!I'm Tobi!I'm gonna be your new bodyguard!Tobi will protect you—"

"What"Sakura seethed before harshly gripping the fork on her fingers.

"What are you protecting me from?From you?From all of you?Funny"She chewed on the food,letting her anger cool down by the sensation as she ignored the slumping of his shoulder.

"W-well!Tobi knows,Sakura-chan isnt comfortable with Strangers-!"He stammered to continue but then she cutted him off again with a slam of her plate.

Getting the warning Tobi stayed quite and she thanked kami that he shuts up.She had so much going on right now and dealing with a three persona talking childish man isnt one the thing she wanted to do.

When she finished her food quickly like she had never eaten before,Sakura wipes her mouth before taking a sip at her apple juice,and once she was finished she set the empty plates aside for Tobi to pick it up.

But when the man crouch down to do so,a voice startled her.She directly looked up to meet his orange mask and the voice was close to her.

"Sakura,Dont worry.I'll save you out of here" she gasped loudly and his glove hand covered her opening mouth and her screams muffled at the clothing.His other hand made a shushing sign before he took off his mask.