CHAPTER 47:The Visit

The ride was quite much to her likings,it isnt the awkward kind,its more of like the comfortable and almost like his respecting her boundaries.She would ask something here and there but he would always reply with his well known language.And she isnt surprised.

Sakura gave the review mirror a tantalizing look when she realized that the guards that was escorting her was following their every move.Atleast to her conscience,she knows she was safe even if her trust with Sasuke was growing even so.

But when their car passed by every well known restaurants,her suspicions soon exceed.He must have felt her stare but he acts indifferent.Sooner they stopped by a flower shop,and Sakuras heart skipped a little.

But when she realized that the shop wasnt Ino's she relished a relieving breath.She cant let Ino see her hangin out with Sasuke knowing the heavy situation.

"Stay here"he didnt let her speak as he left the car.Leaving her frowning in her seat,the car that was following them also stopped but gave a few and adjustable parking not too near from her.

And when Sasuke came back with a bouquet of flowers on his grasp,he threw it on her lap.Receiving a confused look from her but when he started the engine and didnt bother explaining as to why.

Sakura was left with her imagination,holding the bouquet,she sniffed at the evergreen fresh flowers and she nodded with an appreciative sign.

"Thats not for you"he said.And Sakura stopped her ministrations before looking at him.

"Im sorry what?"she asked.

He sighed before returning her gaze."I said its not for you"and then he returned his gaze back on the road.

And Sakura hides the pain on her chest,the dissapoinment flowing inside of her as she shrugged uncaringly.Her anger cames back but then when she remembered what is she here for,she stopped.

Looking at the flowers with a bitter look,she dropped it gently on her lap and gaze back at the window.Ignoring the pang of hurt that was eating her.

Jerk.

And here she thought he's changed.

The car stopped and she didnt even notice where they are.She didnt get to look at the surroundings when Sasuke's figure blocks her view from the window.Opening her door for her,she grasp the bouquet on her hands,one hand on her stomach before she got out.

When Sasuke closed the door it was her turn to freeze at the scenery infront of her.Her jaw slacking and the heat on her eyes burned.She felt like crying,the flowers on her hand was taken away by Sasuke as he pushed a gentle hand behind her,allowing her to get back from her frozen state.

"S-sasuke"her mellow yet wretched expression mets his suggestive ones.Walking ahead of her,she followed.Their footsteps were heavy,causing the dried leaves to crunch beneath their footings.

Sasuke hands behind her slowly trailed down,finding her bare palms,he intertwining their hands together and Sakura was left to control herself when they reached their destination.

One tear fell from her eyes,as she gazed at the tombstone infront of her.

Uchiha Itachi

"You never attended his funeral.Even if it was out of my gutter,I know he wants to have your presence too"Sasuke crouched down and placed the flower beneath the pile of bouquetse that was left untouched after the funeral.

And Sakura gave a genuine smile,the hurt she felt earlier vanished when she realized how shallow she looked to even expect that Sasuke would be that type to give flowers.