EPILOGUE: (FINALE)

3 YEARS LATER...

"Daddy, do we have to get mommy flowers for her birthday?" Kaylin looked up at Von, as he scoped to look for flowers for Kay.

"Yes, we have too." Von said to his confused daughter.

"But why can't she get something else?" Kaylin asked her daddy confusedly.

"Because baby she'll like flowers better. Now pick you out a flower for mommy." Von placed baby Kaylin on her feet so she could pick out a rose for her mommy, Kaydence.

"Okay." Kaylin did as she was told, while Von picked out similar roses to the ones he gave her for her baby shower.

"You think she'll like this one Daddy?" Kaylin asked, while pointing at a blue rose. Von smiled at the rose, remembering the reference he made to Kay. "Pick out a blue one."  as he said to Kay a long time ago.

"Yeah, get that one Baby folks." Kaylin smiled before snatching the rose out of the bucket.

"Come on." Von held his hand out for Kaylin. She grabbed her daddy's hand. Her little stubby legs couldn't wait to walk the register.

Von sat the roses down at the register before picking up Kaylin.

"Your daughter is so cute." The girl at the register smiled at Von and Kaylin.

"Thank you." Von said, dryly not paying the girl no mind.

"Give her the flower so she can scan it." Von told Kaylin. She was about to drop it down on the register, but the girl stopped her.

"No. Don't worry about it." The girl said, as she rung the roses up. It lightened up his energy and demeanor towards the girl, especially with letting him get the rose for free.

Despite all the money he had, it still was a form of kindness.

"Thank you. Tell her thank you Baby folks." Von told his daughter as he swiped his card.

"Thank you." Kaylin said politely as she flashed a smile at the girl.

"You're welcome baby girl." The girl smiled back at Kaylin before handing Von the flowers.

"You have a good one." The girl told Von, as he left out the store with his daughter.

"Daddy I wanna' get down!" Kaylin shrieked in Von's arms. Von let her down so she could go to the car.

"Slow down! Don't run!" Von said to his daughter. She didn't listen instead she kept running.

Von couldn't do nothing but shake his head at her. Kaylin stood at the back of the car. Von opened the door for her. Kaylin climbed in the car to sit in her car seat. Von strapped her in.

"Daddy, are we going to see mommy now?" Kaylin asked. Von nodded his head to answer her.

"Daddy my legs are too tired walking in this grass." Kaylin complained, as they walked up the hill to see Kaydence.

Von picked up Kaylin to stop her from whining. They finally made it. "Look there's mommy!" Kaylin pointed at Kaydence's gravestone.

Von put her down so she could place her mommy's rose down. "H-happy birthday lil' folks nem." He choked up on words. Still trying to process Kaydence's death.

"Happy birthday mommy." Kaylin hugged Kaydence's stone.

Von read her gravestone over Kaylin.

IN LOVING MEMORY OF...

KAYDENCE YOUNG
A beloved sister, daughter, lover, and mother Gone too soon but never forgotten.

Von walked closely to the gravestone to give Kay her flowers. He hugged the other side of her gravestone. Von closed his eyes as one tear dropped slipped on the stone.

"Von." A familiar voice called.

"Von." A familiar voice called again to his attention. Von wasn't with Kaylin anymore, it seemed like he was in another world.

He looked around and noticed a gleaming white light coming towards him. The light merely came out to be Kaydence in an angel form.

"Kay?" Von looked at her confused. Confused at her form.

"Yes it's me..." Kay answered him. Von immediately hugged and kissed Kaydence. She kissed him back. "Thank you for everything. Including taking care of our daughter." Kaydence said to Von.

It was so much Von wanted to say, he even wanted to tell her how smart Kaylin was. But the only thing he managed to say was: "I love you."

"I love you too." Kaydence said, before her angelic form began to fade.

"Daddy? Are you crying? Are you sad?" Kaylin tugged at her Daddy's clothes. Von faded back into conscience.

"No Baby folks. I'm happy." Von hugged his daughter and wiped his eyes to hide his tears from his daughter.

"You wanna' go get some Ice cream?" Von asked, to distract her from his emotions.

"YES! I love Ice cream!" Kaylin ran out of her daddy's arms to go to the car.

Von shook his head laughing at Kaylin. He looked at Kaydence's gravestone smiling at it. "Aye slow down!" Von called out to his daughter before speeding up his pace to catch up to her.

Feedback?

Now that was the end for real folks! All of your questions have been answered. Yes, the ending wasn't what yall were expecting but to me it ended beautifully. Sad yes... But heartwarming. Until next time yall...

Love, Nae 🤍