α weeĸeɴd wιтн тнe тυrɴerѕ;pαrт oɴe

𝔇ean felt nostalgic as he followed Nadia through her neighborhood. It was crazy to think that only four months ago, he came to Canann, desperate for a solution that would save his life.

Little did he know, he'd meet Nadia Turner. She was the calm in the eye of the storm amid all that's occurred since his return.

Nadia knew how to bring him down and wasn't afraid to call him out on his crap. She did it in a way that sobered and built him back up.

Nadia was a fresh, well, everything compared to the women Dean typically dealt with. The last time he'd been with someone that was even a little bit like Nadia was years ago, and he ruined it.

That's the only reason he'd agreed to stay friends. He couldn't bear to ruin something good, not again.

"You must really like her," Sam yanks him out of his thoughts.

"Huh?"

"Nadia," he motions to her cherry-red truck.

"Relax. We're just friends."

"I didn't say you were more than that."

"I like her as a friend, okay?"

"Sure," Sam wasn't buying it. "I will say, it is a bit out of your character."

Dean clears his throat, gripping the steering wheel tight. "What is?"

"It's not very Dean-like to choose going to a girl's brother's birthday party over finding another case."

He shrugs, "we could use a break."

"Let me rephrase. Her little brother's birthday party where are father and stepmother will be."

Dean glances over with an arched brown. "So?"

"So? Dean, you hate meeting parents."

"Of women that I'm interested in. Nadia and I are just friends. She's one of the guys."

"So you always stare at your guy friends' asses?"

Dean's face warms. "Shut up, okay? Listen, you know me. No matter how hard I try. I'd mess up with a girl like Nadia. So if you don't mind, I'd like to save myself from embarrassment."

Sam smirks.

Usually, Dean didn't fear or care about the possibility of failing with women. No matter the chances, he would shoot his shot. And if he bombed, his charm usually gave him a second chance.

Nadia was a woman of substance; his looks alone wouldn't get him far.

Even as friends, she had Dean assessing himself and his actions. That was a win in Sam's book. As much as he respected their decision, he wasn't blind to their connection.

As Dean pulls up to the house, anxiety grips his throat. Sam was right; he didn't do parents. They might have been friends, but he had to give Rufus liquor just to get into the house four months ago.

"How do I look?" They wait on the curb for Nadia.

"Why?" Sam smiles cheekily.

"Just cause . . . do I look okay?" He adjusts his jacket.

"You look great. Relax. Wait . . . Actually, you got a little -" Sam licks his thumb.

"Don't you dare!" Dean swats his hand away. He quickly puts on an aching smile as Nadia approaches. She had her duffle bag, and Benjamin's mock gift wrapped.

"You all right?" She could sense something was off.

"Oh yeah, yeah, I'm ready to party." Dean fist pumps.