ιт'ѕ α тerrιвle lιғe;pαrт ғιve

The moon lit up the dark sky, showing its different hues of blue. There was a chill in the air. Not too sharp, but enough to make one shiver. Nadia stood across the street, watching Sam and Dean disappear into Sandover Bridge and Iron Inc. She suddenly sensed a presence as a flutter of wings filled her ears.

"You didn't return my message."

"Sorry, I got distracted," Nadia turns around to face Zachariah. "Everything is going the way you planned. They should be finished with the ghost any minute now."

"Perfect," he stood with his arms behind his back. His gray eyebrows arched. "You're troubled . . . Care to . . ."

"Well, since you brought it up," Nadia interrupts him. "Do I know him?"

"Him?"

"Dean," she fights the urge to roll her eyes. "Have we met before?"

"Of course not -"

"I have memories of us - together. And -"

"Protect and guide, your only instruction." Zachariah's expression suddenly turned cold. "Falling for him was not."

"Excuse me?" Nadia frowns.

"This is bigger than you and your little crush. If I were you. I'd get your priorities straight."

"W-w-what are you t-talking?" Nadia stutters, confused.

Realizing he's said too much, Zachariah adjusts his tone. His face softens but his eyes are still firm. "Don't let a little crush get in the way of his destiny."

"But - I -"

"You're no longer needed, Nadia. You're dismissed."

Zachariah flies away before Nadia can get out a word. 

"Set your cell phone to walkie-talkie in case we get separated," Dean pulls his Blackberry from its waist holster. Sam whips his out of his pants pocket. 

"How the hell are we gonna find some ancient speck of DNA in a skyscraper?"

"Well, that creepy storeroom used to be Sandover's office, right?" Dean presses floor fourteen.

Together they looked through everything stored in 1444. Dean searched the shelves, and Sam rifled through the drawers of an old desk. They were so focused that they didn't notice a security guard walk in, quietly approaching Sam.

"What the hell are you doing here?" he frightened Sam to his feet. 

Dean quickly hides behind a shelf, out of sight. 

"Uhh . . . nothing. I just—"

"Come with me," the guard grabs Sam by the arm and pulls him out of the room, closing the door.