opeɴ αrмѕ;

Dean felt like an idiot; why was he so nervous to go on a date with a woman he'd already seen naked?

Probably because he hadn't been on a proper date in years. He couldn't even remember the last time he'd sat down with a woman and it wasn't to get in her pants.

He sat at a booth alone at The River Duke Diner. It was a diner with a Western theme. There were moose heads deer, cowboy memorabilia, a jukebox, and Christmas decorations, reminding Dean that the holiday was coming up.

Since he and Sam didn't have pleasant memories ofChristmas, they didn't celebrate. Often, they forgot it existed, treating December twenty-fifth like any other day.

Nadia was supposed to drive with him but opted to meet him there. He felt like she had something up her sleeve which made him even more nervous.

"Water?" Their older curly red-headed waitress, Betsy, came over with a pitcher. She was dressed in a cowboy uniform; from the red bandana to the chaps.

Dean looked at his glass. He'd already downed three.

"Yes, please."

"You sure you don't want to start ordering?"

"No, my date should be here soon."

"Alright, call if you need me."

Dean downed the water like he was throwing back a bottle of hard liquor. Then he realized he could order alcohol. It would have calmed his nerves.

The thought led him to realize he hadn't been drinking as much. If he did, it was casual, not to suppress his stint in Hell.

Dean didn't think about Hell as often as he did before. He still had his moments, especially with bad dreams but Nadia was always there to bring him down.

That's what the angel was to him; an anchor that kept him at bay. She was gentle and patient about it too.

Even when Nadia was mad at him, she didn't yell, argue, or say things she didn't mean. And she was so forgiving.

Nadia was so many things he wasn't.

It was understandable considering all he had gone through. Though he's proven his desire to grow, he often felt undeserving of Nadia.

He wasn't into the whole God thing, but every morning he woke up beside her, he truly felt blessed and happy.

Sam was right; he needed to buckle down. Show her that he is serious. He didn't know how much time he had left on earth, but he knew he wanted to spend as much as he could with her.

The bell above the entrance door rang, and all heads turned.

Nadia came into the restaurant wearing a short black skater dress with heeled boots and her mother's jacket. She pinned her locs into an updo, drawing attention straight to her soft brown eyes and face shape.

She locked eyes with Dean; he stood up, his jaw on the floor.

"Sorry, I'm late."

"I'm sorry for being early."

Nadia laughed, "You like it?"

"You look beautiful! I didn't even know you had a dress like this."

"I did some shopping while you were taking a nap. I haven't worn a dress since Irene forced me for my graduation, but figured since it's our first date . . . "

"Yeah, of course," Dean looks at his outfit, adjusting his flannel. "Suddenly, I feel a bit underdressed."

"No, no, you're perfect. You look great," she assured him with a kiss that melted all his anxieties away.